Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Better financing rates than via Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple questions for you.
1) Did it ask how much you plan to put down? Or does it always default to ~100% financing.

2) Did the result give you any other options (lower rates for more down, or shorter terms)?

3) Does the Tesla finance loan include any extra features (ex: gap insurance) as part of the promotional terms?

I keep debating whether 2.5 is attractive enough, or whether I'd prefer the piece of mind of being paid in full.

Nick

1) Yes, it asks you for percent down payment.
2) No
3) I don’t think so. Can’t be certain until I take delivery

Couple questions for you.
1) Did it ask how much you plan to put down? Or does it always default to ~100% financing.

2) Did the result give you any other options (lower rates for more down, or shorter terms)?

3) Does the Tesla finance loan include any extra features (ex: gap insurance) as part of the promotional terms?

I keep debating whether 2.5 is attractive enough, or whether I'd prefer the piece of mind of being paid in full.

Nick
No....the configurator does not get that involved. Your service rep will get that info from us later down the road.

I was told that the car won't be delivered for about 6 months.....so there is time.

I really shopped around and just received 1.95% for 66 months from Poimt Loma credit union. They have a special EV rate. Tesla quoted me 2.99% for 72 months. PLC , quoted 2.20% for 72m and 2.95% for 84m also.

I live in LA - can I apply? Did you check Alliant as well? How's your credit more or less? I'm torn between where to apply to be honest.

Thanks for any info you can provide (even via DM!)