Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware of 5YJSA4H48FF091551

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for posting.
Does Tesla give you the Carfax report before you put the deposit?
How do you get the quote of the repair from the body shop?
Do you get any picture of the car before you put your deposit?

Thaks
So after emailing the CPO advisors about several cars over the 2 weeks prior, I discovered that they are not very responsive and way understaffed. It was hit or miss with photos and quality of photos. There were about 5 instances where I emailed to get photos and never heard back because the car was sold in the interim 3 or 4 days.

I watched the CPO's carefully using the ev-cpo website and saw numerous posts on the forums about rejecting CPO's and either rolling the $2500 deposit into another car or getting a refund.

Now to actually answer your questions - (1) no I did not get a carfax on any cars either before or after placing a deposit; (2) the CPO advisor was very responsive after I placed my deposit and he sent me a dropbox link to photos, which were surprisingly good quality photos; (3) I called a Tesla certified body shop in my area and asked if they could ballpark me an estimate based on photos and they said maybe so I emailed the photos and got an estimate

Hopefully this answers your questions. The CPO process is hit or miss, and there are tons of cars coming off lease so I can't imagine it getting any better without Tesla hiring more people.

I posted this elsewhere, but I ended up responding to a private party post about a P85D, got all the documents and photos from the guy, had a phone call with the guy and asked for some specific follow up photos. Do I miss having the CPO warranty, and was I a little concerned about the private party sale, yes, but I had a great experience with an awesome straight forward guy. Plus he bought the car as a CPO and it still has approx 3 years and 22k miles on it, which is plenty.

I still have my 85D listed below in my signature, but soon I will add my P85D t my signature line as well.

This seems like what happened to the OP. I actually took an alcohol pad and wiped down the rear quarter panel you see in the picture and it looked almost completely good. I don't want to hijack this thread but if anyone is interested I can take pictures before and after I give it a shot.

I am very curious about what appeared to be hail damage. Was that included in your body shop quote? I am very happy you got the car and hope you get everything repaired for a reasonable price.

It really is a beautiful car.

Do you mind sending me the before and after photos of the rear quarter panel and the hood? with the "hail damage"? I am very curious.

Thank you.

I am very curious about what appeared to be hail damage. Was that included in your body shop quote? I am very happy you got the car and hope you get everything repaired for a reasonable price.

It really is a beautiful car.

Do you mind sending me the before and after photos of the rear quarter panel and the hood? with the "hail damage"? I am very curious.

Thank you.
Hey Sorry, I don't get notifications for some reason. It did include the "hail damage" but to be honest it was so small I couldn't justify paying for it.
I actually ended up not taking at all to the body shop for now because once I cleaned everything up and waxed it myself it looked pretty good. I'm attaching a picture (it's kind of far) of what it looked like right after cleaning/waxing.
I decided to spend the money getting 20" wheels first because a) the rim scratches were more noticeable than anything else (but not bad) and b) because it's getting cold and those summer tires are not ok here in MD.
IMG_20181007_125916.jpg
IMG_20181007_125916.jpg