Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware of Enterprise shenanigans @ San Diego SvC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
to the San Diego owners out there, beware of the tactics by Enterprise.

i took my car in for LTE upgrade and a few other things. got a Jeep Patriot rental from Enterprise. the guy tells me gas and rental are fully paid by Tesla. he asks me about all the other protection options and i say no i don't want any of those, thanks. i initial where he indicates and drive off.

i just saw on my credit card bill a charge for $45 from Enterprise. i called SvC to get Enterprise's number and talk to someone at their office who says i took the regular protection. i said no i did not, i remember explicitly telling the young man to decline it all. in fact i barely even drove the Jeep, just to home and back to get the Tesla. he says sorry about that and he will talk to the manager and refund it "within a few days".

this will be the last time i use Enterprise at the SvC. if they can't give me one of their loaners, i'll ask for a ride to the mall and get picked up by someone instead.

service at the SvC is slipping in many ways. the Enterprise relationship has got to go. and for pete's sake, if you are using Enterprise, at least get small 4 door sedans like a Prius.

Our Service Center needed to keep our car overnight some time back; the only car in "the appropriate class" the adjacent Enterprise had was a Cadillac Battleship (Escalade or some such behemoth). We were warned it was just turned in and not cleaned yet (horrors!). What Enterprise also hadn't done, though, was to fill the tank so I did have to fuel up for the 170-mile round trip. That made for an interesting time 30 days later when I disputed Amex for a gasoline purchase! "I never buy gasoline!", I told them. Oops - remembered just in time. I couldn't blame the TM SvC for the lack of fuel, and as they, not I, had rented the car I wasn't about to dun Enterprise for it.

Other than that, the experience gave me insight as to what it is to drive a vehicle with such a ridiculously bespangled instrument cluster and control panel. Its User's Manual must weigh close to that of the vehicle.

I actually rescheduled my recent appt and told the guys there (who are nice, I appreciate their help when its needed) to just call me when they have a loaner and I'll drop my car off, as I work very close by. My fixes aren't mission critical, and I don't want to drive an ICE from a rental company. Probably a little pretentious, but its not like I need it for more than a day anyway.

Enterprise is putting a $50 item on my credit card tomorrow when we start my rental-paid-by-AAA-Insurance. It's a deposit kind of thing. They've told me in advance, twice. "Bring your driver license, insurance and a credit or debit card."