Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware of RPMTesla Performance Calipers (and service)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a month ago and they arrived fine, but they do not fit as shown in the instructional video. The bracket does not clip around the existing caliper and sit securely which results in almost no clearance between the caliper cover and rotor. Emailed three times with no response from them, so now stuck.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
yes - these. I know lots of people are against them but these are actually contoured and look real. I didn't want to deal with the mess of painting. I opted for the white Tesla letters. There's a M3P at my gym and they look the same from a couple of feet away.

1621431443275.png

yes - these. I know lots of people are against them but these are actually contoured and look real. I didn't want to deal with the mess of painting. I opted for the white Tesla letters. There's a M3P at my gym and they look the same from a couple of feet away.

View attachment 663737

Those are actually decent looking covers. It's about time someone made something real looking that for caliper covers.

Ordered a month ago and they arrived fine, but they do not fit as shown in the instructional video. The bracket does not clip around the existing caliper and sit securely which results in almost no clearance between the caliper cover and rotor. Emailed three times with no response from them, so now stuck.

What really hurts is that you paid an extra $100 to RPMTesla for crappy service than what you could have paid from Amazon, which has a lot better service:

Post some pics showing the problem. Maybe it's just a matter of bending the clips, but no way to tell from your description.

I was secretly hoping they would drop in and actually help me, but unfortunately that doesn't seem like its going to happen.

Flat caliper covers are ugly, these actually look quite nice. I like the red look of the performance calipers (so shoot me), but obviously don't need the actual bigger brakes. Also, like I said I didn't want to deal with the hassle of painting. Other than the suboptimal fitment, they look great IMO. See pic below.

Below are pictures of the fitment issues I mentioned. That buttom part of the U-clip should sit flush with the underside of the caliper, and not bow downwards towards the rotor.

IMG_2157.jpeg
IMG_2453.jpg

I was secretly hoping they would drop in and actually help me, but unfortunately that doesn't seem like its going to happen.

Flat caliper covers are ugly, these actually look quite nice. I like the red look of the performance calipers (so shoot me), but obviously don't need the actual bigger brakes. Also, like I said I didn't want to deal with the hassle of painting. Other than the suboptimal fitment, they look great IMO. See pic below.

Below are pictures of the fitment issues I mentioned. That buttom part of the U-clip should sit flush with the underside of the caliper, and not bow downwards towards the rotor.

View attachment 664455

I think they look great.

Doesn't look too hard to just bend the clip so it fits better. From what I was reading in the reviews on Amazon, a lot of people have to fiddle with the clips to get the right fit, and they don't make a big deal about it.

I would be tempted to put some hi temp silicone in a couple of spots to keep the cover from rattling or moving. And I'd put a dab on both sides of the clip screws to keep them from loosening up.

Silicone would be easy to remove and reapply whenever the covers need to come off.