Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Beware of Scammer in forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got my refund today from Venmo for $3260 after getting scammed (see this post WANNING!!!!! Beware of scammer Jegga51).

The person who scammed me is now using the nickname Bpay. I will give some tips on how to identify this individual:

1. I have attached the photos they use to reply to posts asking for model S arachnids tires.

2. They use this phone number 605-202-3746. It is a Talkyou number. You can easily identify it by asking them to send you photos via message and the app appends the following to all pictures: Received photo: http://ndl.talkyou.co/1/…

3. Ask for PayPal. I stress only use PayPal. Venmo has buyer protection now but the process is long. It took me north of 2 weeks to get a refund. This user is blocked from PayPal and they owe Venmo money.

4. Recently they’re trying to get unsuspecting buyers to send them money on Zelle. They’re using the fake email: [email protected] and name Rodriguez Kenneth.

Please beware and only use PayPal Good and Services to buy anything on here.

Attachments

• 778A9396-0FE0-48A7-BA87-CE9F4237F47D.jpeg
    778A9396-0FE0-48A7-BA87-CE9F4237F47D.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 587
  • 264F9290-0404-438F-B070-8D415B790A00.jpeg
    264F9290-0404-438F-B070-8D415B790A00.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 112
  • E5E4B5AA-7F4E-4BEE-898F-8051F19B5282.jpeg
    E5E4B5AA-7F4E-4BEE-898F-8051F19B5282.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 1652D786-D064-4D4C-9D96-65B871975841.jpeg
    1652D786-D064-4D4C-9D96-65B871975841.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 4F43994E-8000-4A76-9C63-20C29A0ECB0A.jpeg
    4F43994E-8000-4A76-9C63-20C29A0ECB0A.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 124
The same person tried to scam me! He tried to sell me a set of grey M3 Performance sport wheels. He used the profile CruiseG. But it was the same phone number. He went by the name Peter Ndon. He used multiple email addresses: [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]. He said he was from Omaha.

I told him that I would only purchase with PayPal Goods and Services. He said he had some issues with his account and ultimately refunded my payment when he realized that PayPal put a hold on the payment and he wouldn’t get paid for 30 days. I’m actually not sure if it was him or PayPal who did the refund. It only took a few days to get my money back. He then tried to get me to pay via PayPal friends and family. I refused.

I encourage everyone to be careful and don’t feel bad about asking for more verification before sending money. And never use PayPal Friends and Family, Zelle or any other unsecured method of payment — even if they are willing to provide you with a shipping receipt (those can be faked). If someone insists on one of those unsecured payment methods, assume that they are trying to steal from you and walk away.

I got scammed by the same person. They used the email [email protected] and the mobile 605-202-3746. He contacted me on 12/22 offering to sell a set of all season tires/rims for my Plaid. Same m.o. as above including pictures using talkyou.co. I agreed to pay 1/2 on the spot and the other 1/2 when I received the rims.

I used Zelle after he pushed back on Venmo. With Zelle there are no refunds for scams.

Over the course of the last week he reassured me several times that the wheels would ship. He stopped responding on the 29th. I’m guessing that’s when he was able to withdraw the funds.

Expensive lesson. Hopefully his next potential victims see this thread.

• Informative
Reactions: Rice&Curry
So sorry to hear this @August West. This person used the same tactic on me. Kept reassuring me all week that he will ship the tires after work. And eventually gave me a fake UPS tracking number.

I really hope more people see this thread and this thief should be rooted from this forum forever.

Also got scammed this week by a user going by Smtmk with phone +1 (651) 764-6269. Using what seemed to be a legit Venmo @Lisa-Bougie-1 that was easily connected to a seemingly legit Facebook. Not sure if hacked or in on it.

Tried using google reverse image on the wheels/tires pics and got no hits, everything seemed ok. Strung me along for week and a half then ghosted. Deleted their TMC account.

Thankfully used purchase protection on Venmo so waiting on dispute.

Also got scammed this week by a user going by Smtmk with phone +1 (651) 764-6269. Using what seemed to be a legit Venmo @Lisa-Bougie-1 that was easily connected to a seemingly legit Facebook. Not sure if hacked or in on it.

Tried using google reverse image on the wheels/tires pics and got no hits, everything seemed ok. Strung me along for week and a half then ghosted. Deleted their TMC account.

Thankfully used purchase protection on Venmo so waiting on dispute.
Yup that’s the same Venmo that I sent to. Mods really need to highlight this post so it doesn’t keep happening. Waiting on dispute to be resolved. This jackass needs to be caught

Following up on this was also scammed by @Lisa-Bougie-1 for an APR Exhaust on VW Vortex.
Currently, have a Venmo Dispute, Amex Dispute and Police Report filed against them- Believe it might be a ring of people doing the scam. What's wild is he "Zeddy" 702-757-9494 (Laughlin, NV) asked me to do goods and services protection so we would both be covered???... Doesn't make sense unless this guy is friends with Lisa and offered to give her a cut for the money and he walks away then people file disputes etc... but this same Venmo account is used on the scams above via my googling and found this page- I have asked Venmo on why they are allowing this persons account to remain open vs. Freezing or Banning... Makes me think there may be a bigger investigation possibly even at a Federal Level and they have been asked to keep the account opened and allow for these transactions to happen and follow the money. The funny part is as soon as I found out it was a scam I sent Lisa a Venmo Note and got a text to my cell later from a guy named Maxwell 973-547-9988 who stated this isn't the first time Lisa has been scammed and that they were collecting evidence against this "Zeddy72" person... He acted like he is with a Goods and Services Company and that people sell things and use Venmo accounts like Lisa's to collect the money and that she supposedly isn't aware... so screwed up and I haven't read or found any scheme that adds up with what happened to me. Has anyone heard back from Venmo- They keep telling me they are waiting for a response from Lisa (Been almost two weeks) I'm, like seriously... like what kind of response? How about allowing a scammer to take thousands from multiple people and give them a 30 days benefit of the doubt lol I'm at a loss on this one.
Also, Venmo holds the "Buyer" accountable for the loss if you file a chargeback... so Amex refunded me almost instantly for the scam, but now our Venmo is negative/default until they can rule against this Lisa person. Luckily, the account just stays frozen until... no collections etc... supposedly- but that would also tell me that they aren't going to fight these scammers as hard, and or possibly have a tough time getting their money back. I hope they get mini-insurance coverage policies when this happens and you click goods/services option etc... My biggest hope is they go after them and get the money back from theier account and not insurance and my account becomes unfrozen. Its a mess for sure...
The other crazy part is this guy had over a year and a half of legit thorough forum posting... and this was the only item for sale and nothing out of the ordinary until BAM! Like sleep accounts in all the car forums using massive shell accounts everywhere- hence the reason I believe this to be a ring/group of people.
APR Exhaust.JPG

Same deal here, scammed by that member using the Venmo account Lisa-Bougie. She used a phone number that ended up being invalid.

I used Venmo purchase protection, and it took two weeks, but Venmo refunded my money without hassle to my debit card.

Next time I’ll insist on speaking over the phone before I buy any more wheels!

That's so refreshing to hear... but I would say there has to be a level of scam even with us getting taken care of... I wonder if the scammer does so many at once that they move the money and just keep that random shell account frozen and move onto new- since they supposedly don't turn over to collections.... Screwed up for sure. = (

Same deal here, scammed by that member using the Venmo account Lisa-Bougie. She used a phone number that ended up being invalid.

I used Venmo purchase protection, and it took two weeks, but Venmo refunded my money without hassle to my debit card.

Next time I’ll insist on speaking over the phone before I buy any more wheels!