Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware of scammer: Johnny Perez at Shadowcraft USA & Chicago Composites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to spread the words on this scammer, Johnny Perez of Shadowcraft USA and Chicago Composites. I first learned about him from another TMC member on his Model 3. This Johnny Scammer Perez claimed he makes custom carbon fiber splash guards for the Model 3 and is expanding the product line to the S and X. He offered me to be an early adopter. I didn't have any concern at that time as he was being used by another TMC member. So I sent him the payment in full and he said he will ship the guards in about 3 weeks. That was in early March. By mid April, still no show so I filed a claim with PayPal. PayPal placed his account on hold and of course, he got with me right away feeding me the excuse of one of his finger was cut at work thus out of mission for few weeks. He begged him to close the PayPal claim as the hold is affecting his business. He promised he will ship the guards in a week. I felt bad for him and trusted his stories so I closed the claim...guess what, it is July 1st and no show. I did more digging online, he played the same trick with other folks on several different forums as well. Beware guys...what an ass.

Unfortunately, I paid with my PayPal account balance. Would the police department really take calls like this? Thanks!

I live in Chicago so filing a police report might require you to be here but I've telephoned in criminal fraud complaints in other jurisdictions for internet fraud. I haven't tried it as an outsider here. Worth a call to the non emergency number.

Throwing in my 2 cents here. John just finished up a large project on my Model 3. Took much longer than I initially expected but in the end it turned out great.

Attachments

• 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    359.4 KB · Views: 526
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    469.3 KB · Views: 375
Reactions: jaguar36
I saw his post on Instagram. He reached out to me after I asked publicly if this is the same Shadowcraft that TMC members had issues with. He mentioned these problems occurred when he was young and he has made those people whole.

I am not in the business of being judge or jury, but did he make good with those that had issues? @stklee or anyone else.

I am all for forgiveness, as long as it is legit. I was young and dumb once as well.

I saw his post on Instagram. He reached out to me after I asked publicly if this is the same Shadowcraft that TMC members had issues with. He mentioned these problems occurred when he was young and he has made those people whole.

I am not in the business of being judge or jury, but did he make good with those that had issues? @stklee or anyone else.

I am all for forgiveness, as long as it is legit. I was young and dumb once as well.
He never made me whole. And there are many others he didn't make whole.

To be specific, he owes me a set of CF Roadster tail lights that I paid for. Also a set of CF Roadster door sills. Also paid for.

I am not the only owner.

He's very slick - the first few people get their stuff right away, so he gains trust in the community. And then the excuses start.

I inquired over on the Roadster forum after seeing this thread - a few responses indicate that it is the same guy. Carbon fiber scams

Reactions: outdoors
Throwing in my 2 cents here. John just finished up a large project on my Model 3. Took much longer than I initially expected but in the end it turned out great.
Yep, this is how he does it. He fulfills a few of the early orders & then disappears. You were lucky.

Here is a thread he started several years ago when he was CarbonOne: Carbon fiber tail light idea.

I only created a account on this forum to lets others learn from my mistake.

I got scammed! Johnny ([email protected])

On Oct 18, 2018 I ordered 4 Honda S2000 AP2 carbon fiber Mud Guards gloss finish . I sent $135 Dollars to a zelle account ([email protected]). He confirmed he received the money and said the items will ship out next week and he will let me know when they ship.

Well its been almost a month with no mud guards received, and ever since i sent the payment he has not responded to any of my emails.

Johnny Perez is a scammer and a fraudulent person in my eyes.

If i do receive the items i paid for or if he responds ill update accordingly.

Yeah, back in the Roadster days he had a lot of explanations. Some got some good parts out of him. Some got bad parts. Some got nothing but a lot of explanations.

(I never ordered anything from him, but sure remember the pain of all the people that believed his stories but lost their money)

Shadowcraft USA is using Instagram to advertise their product. I have gone back and forth with the page holder advertising for them. Showed many of the forum threads here to no avail.

tesla_model3 on Instagram has said to me. "From our understanding that they have clients that are happy with finished product. If I speak with one person who has been ripped off from his company I will yank their sponsorship. Nobody has reached out to us."

I post this as many new to the Tesla community are buying a model 3 and have never encountered such issues that many here on the forums have in many different makes and models. Shadowcraft continues to sponsor the page that many new model 3 owners are posting photos of their car. Introducing them to Shadowcraft. I reached out to Shadowcraft to inquire about past misdeeds and to rectify them with Tesla owners if he wants to fix old issues. He continues to blame old business partner. Has anyone had the issues fixed? Products delivered? Money returned?

I have no skin in this game, but to protect other new owners and members of the forum. Suggestion is to reach out to tesla_model3 on Instagram to share your issues, or provide feedback on the posts if your issues have been resolved or if you have been left in the lurch.