Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware of the $100 that is not being credited on final contract

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heads up. During the final review of my loan contract, I noticed the $100 that I paid was not subtracted from the total listed on the page. Please make sure you pay your final amount $100 less of what they are charging or talk to them about it. The $100 credit is on the initial estimate, but not on the final contract. I am financing via Tesla, maybe it only applies to them. for others, watch out.

For me, the contract showed a total that included an additional charge of $100 but the amount they asked for (I payed cash) was $100 less. I made them update the amount on the contract and initial it so they couldn’t later try to come collect it.

Heads up. During the final review of my loan contract, I noticed the $100 that I paid was not subtracted from the total listed on the page. Please make sure you pay your final amount $100 less of what they are charging or talk to them about it. The $100 credit is on the initial estimate, but not on the final contract. I am financing via Tesla, maybe it only applies to them. for others, watch out.
Mine has it in the customer deposit section. I'm picking up tomorrow and have the final MVPA.

There was a period of time where Tesla was not sure themselves whether it was a deposit or a fee. But based on the most recent comments from forum members it now appears that Tesla has clarified their policy and stated that it is a fee. So it essentially adds $100 to the price of the car.

There was a period of time where Tesla was not sure themselves whether it was a deposit or a fee. But based on the most recent comments from forum members it now appears that Tesla has clarified their policy and stated that it is a fee. So it essentially adds $100 to the price of the car.
Not always true as I stated above. Mine was credited in the Customer Deposit section. That's for a delivery this week.

Mine was listed as an order fee on my MVPA and increased my overall price by $100. Same way it was listed on the order agreement when I first placed my order. There was nothing that ever stated it was deposit or that it would be applied toward the purchase of the car.

No they have the $100 as an order fee on top of the price of the vehicle, that's fine, but they didn't take into the account that I paid it already.

If the car was $60K, the MVPA is $60100, my payment to them should be $60K because I paid the $100 already

Mine went through as a part of my down payment as well. Its listed as "order fee" on the MVPA but my downpayment includes the $100

I’m not following what you are saying here.

If the MVPA shows an order fee of $100, and then it credits you the $100 that you paid for on your credit card, you are still being charged an additional $100 over and above the price of the car that was quoted on the web site. So it would be an order fee, not a deposit.

If the MVPA does not show an order fee but still credits the $100 toward the quoted price, then it would reflect being a deposit.

I’m not following what you are saying here.

If the MVPA shows an order fee of $100, and then it credits you the $100 that you paid for on your credit card, you are still being charged an additional $100 over and above the price of the car that was quoted on the web site. So it would be an order fee, not a deposit.

If the MVPA does not show an order fee but still credits the $100 toward the quoted price, then it would reflect being a deposit.

It doesn't show up as a credit or deposit for me necessarily. My down payment on the MVPA just includes an additional $100
So if total was 50,100, which includes the $100 fee, and I put in a $10,000 down payment, the down payment is showing up as $10,100 on my MVPA

Just FYI I had the order fee twice on mine. Once when ordering via credit card and once in the finance contract. No-one on the phone could figure it out went in to service center and they said it was a mistake and created as case for me. About 10 days later had $100 credit to my credit card.

This was December/January