Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware of this online EV mod retailer...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont mean to throw PIMPMYEV under the bus, they have a nice site, good product selection BUT if you order from them they seem to be a middleman between the USA and China, so pretty much anything you order is going to take 2-4 weeks to arrive, that has been my experience. I wont order from them anymore because of the extremely long ship times so just a heads up out there!

I dont mean to throw PIMPMYEV under the bus, they have a nice site, good product selection BUT if you order from them they seem to be a middleman between the USA and China, so pretty much anything you order is going to take 2-4 weeks to arrive, that has been my experience. I wont order from them anymore because of the extremely long ship times so just a heads up out there!
Does that mean you will no longer be ordering from Tesla either?

I hear it’s taking them more than 2 weeks to deliver a vehicle.

Yeah, but Tesla is still the fastest and only way to get a new Tesla. I think what OP is trying to say is that there are maybe options that's are faster and cheaper than going through this middle man.
Kind of a jerk move to call out a retailer over what seem to be pretty reasonable shipping timeframes these days.

Almost all retailers get their stuff from suppliers in China. What did OP order? What did he pay? I don’t see him complaining about price anywhere.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Kind of a jerk move to call out a retailer over what seem to be pretty reasonable shipping timeframes these days.

Almost all retailers get their stuff from suppliers in China. What did OP order? What did he pay? I don’t see him complaining about price anywhere.
Obviously everything is made and shipped from China. Difference is other retailers have things in warehouses here in the US and aren't basically dropshipping directly from China.

I always steer clear of websites that offer free worldwide shipping with shipping estimates to be 15-28 days (pre-COVID) as they're a clear dropshipper.