Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware ordering wheels from Aftermarket EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suffice to say, they are not the only ones selling aftermarket wheels for the Tesla model Y. I would highly suggest wheelwiz in Canada as they have better prices SHIPPED after USD conversion rates AND after shipping still compared to aftermarket EV...and this is for the same exact wheels... yep, I have quotes from wheelwiz to prove I would have saved $300 USD had I ordered from them and probably would have gotten my order right to begin with.

My incredibly bad experiences.... First I order a set of wheels that not only their website says they have in stock; but, I even confirmed with the sales rep/owner. Then I get the phone call 2 days after ordering essentially saying that they were not in stock and won't be til 3/2021. Well these are for a separate set of winter tires so they won't do me any good around march. So I ask for an alternative wheel (this was my mistake not just going with a different company)... he gave me an alternative wheel style which I was not a fan of; but, b/c he told me "it's in stock and I'll get it out to you today." I asked about the alternative wheel style in black b/c I didn't want silver/titanium colored wheels.... I was told those were out of stock too despite the website saying they were in stock and NOT in drop ship status. I went ahead and ordered both the alternative wheel style and color that neither of which I really wanted... b/c he said it was in stock. I get a call later and he tells me he was confused and thought I was referring to the original style wheels I wanted in titanium even though the names of these wheels sound NOTHING alike, and I have a habit of purposely saying things multiple times just to confirm...and he does NOT have the wheels I ordered in stock; but, the Canada distributor can drop ship them.

Well that really sucked but oh well...so I get tracking, and then nothing...absolutely no movement for a week not even picked up from the Canada distributor...until I contact their company today to inquire if something was wrong. They were going to contact the distributor and about 4 hrs later I get an alert from fedex that the wheels are finally picked up.

Whether a series of unfortunate events or incredible disorganization, my belief is that it's important on forums that we share our experiences with companies especially if it was a real bad one.

Hope they get their stuff together and at accurately reflect what is actually in stock, drop ship status, and what's out of stock....I realize this is probably this guys side business.

Reactions: BodegaBay
Ordered EV01+ satin black wheels from Aftermarket EV (unfortunately before I saw this post.) Got a shipping label printed Sunday but then no movement. Starting to get a little nervous because I already ordered new tires to mount and have an install appointment set for Monday. I wanted to get them mounted and installed right after my new MYP comes (delivery date Monday!) so I can sell the uberturbines that come with the new MYP with as little mileage and wear as possible. I'll post the results here as another point of reference...

I ordered 4 "Replika R241 Turbine Satin Black" for my 2021 MYLR on November 23. I received the wheels on December 27, delivered by FEDEX Ground. I called once to check up on the order and they gave me a ballpark estimated delivery time. When I ordered, the web-site said they were then back-ordered. I had Tire Rack's ASAP Tire mobile tire service mount new Vredestein Quatrac Pro (255/45R19) installed this last weekend - replacing my 20" Induction winter tires. Very happy with the new wheels and tires.

tl;dr: my experience with Aftermarket EV was just fine.

Reactions: PNWLeccy and Alpha
I ordered 4 "Replika R241 Turbine Satin Black" for my 2021 MYLR on November 23. I received the wheels on December 27, delivered by FEDEX Ground. I called once to check up on the order and they gave me a ballpark estimated delivery time. When I ordered, the web-site said they were then back-ordered. I had Tire Rack's ASAP Tire mobile tire service mount new Vredestein Quatrac Pro (255/45R19) installed this last weekend - replacing my 20" Induction winter tires. Very happy with the new wheels and tires.

tl;dr: my experience with Aftermarket EV was just fine.
Fair enough. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt as they did say wheels should arrive by this Sat. I did get an update today that they are tracking one day late as they are waiting on a big shipment to come in and it was expected to come yesterday and still has not arrived. I was left with the impression that they were already in stock when I ordered and they were not! However, I can't find actual evidence that this was said. At any rate, if my wheels come by Monday and they look as good as they do in the online pics. I will be very happy.

I ordered a set of the Replika R241s from them back in July knowing they were back ordered and they kept in solid communication with me throughout the process finally getting it early September a few weeks prior to my Y getting here . They even pricematched the Canadian price for me in USD equiv - can't remember if it was WheelWiz or not but they were great for me. It was an all US transaction (other than drop shipping from Canada) so I wouldn't have to worry about credit card conversion fees or customs, which I think some of the Canadian sites warned about. I'd order from them again.

Reactions: Alpha and Redekw
I bought these"Replika R241 for my 2021 model 3 performance but they do not go over the lip on the performance hub, i asked specifically if they would fit and was told via mail that they would, i received them in a timely fashion and dry fit them and they seemed fine. The trouble started when the lug nuts kept coming loose. I tightened to 129 ft lbs. went for a 10 mile ride and retorqued them and only a few of the nuts needed retorqued. i keep doing this and could never get them to stay tight. i decided to remove them to see what the problem was and i could not get the wheels off the car. it took several hours of kicking and prying to remove them from the car. when i turned the wheels to see the hub bore from the back of the wheels i could see shreds of material from the wheel where the bore was close to the correct size but just not right. apparently my torquing the lug nuts on forced the wheel into the lip of the hub and shredded some material off the wheel . so the wheels were never perfectly flush fitting with my rotor hence the inability to keep the lug nuts tight and the reason they were next to impossible to remove , I spent a lot of money in rims tires and tpms sensors because their message said they would fit. thankfully i saved that message and am waiting to see what this company is going to do about this. turns out nothing since they don't have a working phone number and dont respond to their email. credit card company said that since i received what i ordered I'm out of luck, I told them i never would've ordered them if the company had'nt said they would fit.... just don't order these for the performance model im sure they are fine for the other models

Attachments

• 20231216_163710wheel.jpg
    20231216_163710wheel.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 25