TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Beware spoiler raising with tailgate open

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ohmman, Jul 12, 2016.

1. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I had an issue in the garage today. I have the habit of pushing the tailgate up to the maximum height without touching the garage door. I had it open for some time today while loading items into the back. I walked away (maybe fob went out of range?) and when I returned, the spoiler had raised itself while the tailgate was up.

Thankfully, I hadn't opened it as high as I normally do. The spoiler cleared the garage door by millimeters. But certainly something to keep in mind until they identify/fix the bug.

• Informative x 1
  2. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Thanks, the conservative "tailgate open" while in my garage has been a welcome extra clearance while enabling dog entrance. But I've thought to push it further on occasions for loading too. So now we have a vampire spoiler eating up our valuable garage door space?

3. commasign

commasign Active Member

I swear there's a gremlin in my liftgate controlling my spoiler. He's giggling all the time, randomly opening and closing the spoiler at will, no rhyme, no reason. Sounds like a gremlin snuck into your liftgate too. ;)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Spoiler shade for extra protection

5. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

This happened to me yesterday. It would be really nice if Tesla could control its own spoiler!

• Funny x 1
  6. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

This happens when the car times out with the liftgate open. I don't know what the timeframe is, but it appears to lock the doors as well. I had it happen in the driveway recently when the liftgate was open but I couldn't open the driver's side door. When I unlocked it, the spoiler rose.

7. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

That's an interesting bug..so the timeout causes doors to lock but doesn't close them??

8. bak_phy

bak_phy Member

Deters lazy thieves who can't be bothered to go through the back.