Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware spoiler raising with tailgate open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohmman

Upright Member
Global Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay/Truckee, CA
I had an issue in the garage today. I have the habit of pushing the tailgate up to the maximum height without touching the garage door. I had it open for some time today while loading items into the back. I walked away (maybe fob went out of range?) and when I returned, the spoiler had raised itself while the tailgate was up.

Thankfully, I hadn't opened it as high as I normally do. The spoiler cleared the garage door by millimeters. But certainly something to keep in mind until they identify/fix the bug.

• Informative
Reactions: Blastphemy
I had an issue in the garage today. I have the habit of pushing the tailgate up to the maximum height without touching the garage door. I had it open for some time today while loading items into the back. I walked away (maybe fob went out of range?) and when I returned, the spoiler had raised itself while the tailgate was up.

Thankfully, I hadn't opened it as high as I normally do. The spoiler cleared the garage door by millimeters. But certainly something to keep in mind until they identify/fix the bug.
Thanks, the conservative "tailgate open" while in my garage has been a welcome extra clearance while enabling dog entrance. But I've thought to push it further on occasions for loading too. So now we have a vampire spoiler eating up our valuable garage door space?

This happened to me yesterday. It would be really nice if Tesla could control its own spoiler!

• Funny
Reactions: Softwizard
This happens when the car times out with the liftgate open. I don't know what the timeframe is, but it appears to lock the doors as well. I had it happen in the driveway recently when the liftgate was open but I couldn't open the driver's side door. When I unlocked it, the spoiler rose.

This happens when the car times out with the liftgate open. I don't know what the timeframe is, but it appears to lock the doors as well. I had it happen in the driveway recently when the liftgate was open but I couldn't open the driver's side door. When I unlocked it, the spoiler rose.
That's an interesting bug..so the timeout causes doors to lock but doesn't close them??