Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BFGoodrich g-force A/S on M3LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

alexgr

Aug 13, 2019
I haven't seen many (maybe no more than 2) reviews of these tires on M3LR (18"). I have just ordered them at Costco ($788 tax included) as the price difference of $400 vs MXM4 is too much for me to justify the Michelin tires. Am I making a mistake? Any experience with these tires? If not, I will report back here how it goes. Potentially, looking at a 3000-mile trip at the end of the month, and my MXM4s are nearly bold at 35k.

This is how they look on the car ... slightly reminding off-road tires. I will keep posting on my experience with them.
IMG_20220617_175048418_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220617_175026500_HDR.jpg

I haven't seen many (maybe no more than 2) reviews of these tires on M3LR (18"). I have just ordered them at Costco ($788 tax included) as the price difference of $400 vs MXM4 is too much for me to justify the Michelin tires. Am I making a mistake? Any experience with these tires? If not, I will report back here how it goes. Potentially, looking at a 3000-mile trip at the end of the month, and my MXM4s are nearly bold at 35k.
Just did the same! The MXM4s wore down to the wear bars at about 22k mi for me in 2020, then got Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS which were loud and really poor efficiency (267 Whi/Mi average over 23k mi) which I also just replaced and got back about $500 on the tire warranty through costco (ftw!) Just drove home with these BFGoodriches and time will tell!

Reactions: alexgr
This is how they look on the car ... slightly reminding off-road tires. I will keep posting on my experience with them.
View attachment 817954View attachment 817958
How has your experience been as far as average efficiency in Wh/mi (obviously depends on other factors like driving style, roads, temps, but curious nonetheless how it compares to your Michelin OEM experience) and road noise?

For me, road noise on freeways above 60mph seems similar to Bridgestone Potenzas if not maybe even worse being new beefy tires. Efficiency still too early to tell, possibly slightly better than when Potenzas were new. Driving mostly on FSD Beta in SoCal.

I don't see much difference yet in efficiency. The temperatures are extreme (in 100F) in the past couple months and I drive very short distance only. I saw everything between 205 Wh/mi to 350 Wh/mi. When weather gets milder, I'll have better idea on the efficiency.

The grip feels better than on stock Michelin. The tires have extra structure on the sides that gives you weird sound in sharp turns, but it's okay. I'd say overall the tires are soft and nice.

I have recorded several standard trips from my work that is 16 miles of 85%/15% city highway/city roads at 90-95F outside and 72-73F inside. Typical overall time was between 19 and 23 minutes. On original Michelin tires, typical consumption was between 230 Wh/mi and 241 Wh/mi. On new BFGoodrich tires, typical consumption is between 238 Wh/mi and 245 Wh/mi. It seems the efficiency has decreased, BUT very marginally, by about 3% or so. I see no major efficiency declines yet driving either highway or city. I can do a 75 mph test, but I don't have a good reference recorded on original tires.

How are the tires holding up?
So far so good. I have no issues with them. The efficiency seems to be somewhere around 5% worse compared to stock tires. I will go on a long trip at the end on this month, then I'll know how they work on long highway trips. The ride is as smooth as it was on Michelins. The only weird thing is a strong screeching sound in sharper turns. It seems these tires are made to have extra grip in turns.