Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bicycle repair stand as a satisfactory charging cord organizer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had a Park Tools bicycle repair stand sitting in my garage and it remains unoccupied by my bikes 99.99% of the time. Turns out it makes a fine cord organizer for my Tesla Wall Connector cable.

I run the cable up the pole of the repair stand, gentle clamp it in the stand grip, and leave several feet of distal slack. Then I use a looped Bungie cord to hold the charging handle.

This works surprisingly well as a lazy and easily moved/adjusted way to elevate the charging cable to an ideal and accessible height. It’s just sitting there at a super convenient position right near the charge port of my car when I park in the garage - nothing to coil or uncoil.

I have seen some amazing charger cord management setups on the forums here with swinging boom arms, ceiling mounted tension reels, etc. But my bike repair stand solution literally took under 60 seconds to deploy and is relatively very inexpensive.

One other convenient hack item… my favorite insulated tumblers just barely don’t fit in my Model S cup holder. So I got a cup holder expander: Car Cup Holder Expander Organizer... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PMHPJJF?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Sure it sticks up and doesn’t look as elegant, but I really like my big cup. This expander is very easy to remove with a quick twist and hide in the door sill if you have guests in the car and want it to look more classy. Also I deploy it in the passenger side cup to better reach the touchscreen.

If you have a easy hack or solution that contributes to the happy vibes of owning your Tesla please share them!

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS