Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Biden and EV credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

everydaychris

Feb 10, 2020
CA
Sooo..... Biden won!!

I know one of the big things he is targeting is climate change. In some of his proposals he talked about bringing back the 7500 tax credit when purchasing an EV which would mainly aim at Tesla and GM.

Would you wait to buy a MY if you could for a potential of new and better savings?

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Sooo..... Biden won!!

I know one of the big things he is targeting is climate change. In some of his proposals he talked about bringing back the 7500 tax credit when purchasing an EV which would mainly aim at Tesla and GM.

Would you wait to buy a MY if you could for a potential of new and better savings?
It may be a while until the credit is restored, especially if Republicans retain control of the Senate. Also, there will be liberal pressure to put income limits on the credit and perhaps a cap excluding Tesla as is done in Europe and Canada. If you want a Y, don't wait.

If you are buying a new Tesla you are doing pretty well finanially.
Median household income was $68k in 2019.
You aren't buying a base 3 on that if you are vaguely responsible.

So you are saying you are eager for Biden to bring back a tax cut for the rich? I am sure you don't consider yourselves rich, but median household income says you are doing well, heck anyone buying any new vehicle is doing pretty well.

How about we look at the vast reduction in S X pricing the last few years and appreciate what a lack of government influence had done for EV availability by ending artificial price inflation.

Republicans almost certain to retain control of Senate, tax credit not going to get expanded. But California exemption and other EPA rules will be restored, which will be more helpful.

ZEV mandate continues effectively to increase long-range BEV requirements by 0.625% each year, and a few more states joined to add sales requirements. The mandates are important.

If you are buying a new Tesla you are doing pretty well finanially.
Median household income was $68k in 2019.
You aren't buying a base 3 on that if you are vaguely responsible.

So you are saying you are eager for Biden to bring back a tax cut for the rich? I am sure you don't consider yourselves rich, but median household income says you are doing well, heck anyone buying any new vehicle is doing pretty well.
Don't know where the OP is in CA but $68K isn't much in the crazy expensive Bay Area: Is an annual salary of $192,000 ‘middle class’ in SF?.
How about we look at the vast reduction in S X pricing the last few years and appreciate what a lack of government influence had done for EV availability by ending artificial price inflation.
Vast reduction in S and X pricing? 2013 Model S Price Increase | Blog | Tesla Motors lists the original pricing of S.

Yes, the current S come with more and more battery capacity than originally but current S starts at just over $70K including destination and doc fee but not tax and license.

Originally, S was going to be just "under" $50K after $7500 Federal tax credit and it was, for those who ordered the 40 kWh cars before they got cancelled (Tesla Model S Sales Exceed Target | Press Releases | Tesla Motors).

Don't know where the OP is in CA but $68K isn't much in the crazy expensive Bay Area: Is an annual salary of $192,000 ‘middle class’ in SF?.

Vast reduction in S and X pricing? 2013 Model S Price Increase | Blog | Tesla Motors lists the original pricing of S.

Yes, the current S come with more and more battery capacity than originally but current S starts at just over $70K including destination and doc fee but not tax and license.

Originally, S was going to be just "under" $50K after $7500 Federal tax credit and it was, for those who ordered the 40 kWh cars before they got cancelled (Tesla Model S Sales Exceed Target | Press Releases | Tesla Motors).
Good stuff Andrew.

• Informative
I'd give it less than 5% but we're still going to wait until after 1/1. Given that the GOP senate is focused on money for business bailout, this could be one that are open to. One trillion+ is a lot of money that has to be spent on something. At the end of the day, it's a bet that cost nothing to place and could pay out if something passes. In the meantime, we'll give it a little more time for Bioweapon Defense Mode filters and a perhaps the less expensive RWD version.

• Disagree