Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big 2022.20.15 (10.69.2) issues.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed 2022.20.15 (10.69.2) which is my only version of this release family.
2020 Mod X.
Until now, all installs demonstrated a FSD improvement.
This one is puzzling compared to the good reports I've come across.
  1. It previously crept up upon one oblique intersection then smoothly made its left turn.
    This time, while waiting for a long line of cars, the steering wheel twitched a lot! We finally got through the intersection with no additional drama.
  2. It correctly announced an upcoming off ramp maneuver but seemed to be going too fast. The steering wheel started twitching a lot again as though it couldn't make up its mind to turn. It decided not to, and we went on a fairly long detour, through a lot of traffic, to get to our destination.​
  3. It didn't seem to anticipate a lane merge and I took over as I was afraid we'd get sandwiched between the fast-approaching shoulder and a car just barely ahead of us, in the left lane where we needed to be​
  4. It missed another off ramp. There was a long line of cars taking that exit. Either it didn't plan ahead or decided traffic was too heavy? We went to the next exit and doubled back.​
  5. The “hands are off the wheel” alarm sounded and kept on even after I tightened my grip. I was told – no more FSD this trip and that I had 2 more chances before I was canceled.​
    I will not use FSD again on this version!
    Anyone else seeing these issues?

Not sure about 1-4, but for #5, unless something has changed recently, gripping the wheel tightly or loosely has nothing to do with "hands off the wheel" warnings because there is no "grip sensor". The system is trying to sense torque on the steering wheel, which Tesla presumes to mean that there are hands are on the wheel. So periodically you have to have some slight resistance to autosteer's inputs or some slight input of your own, but not enough to disengage.

Not sure about 1-4, but for #5, unless something has changed recently, gripping the wheel tightly or loosely has nothing to do with "hands off the wheel" warnings because there is no "grip sensor". The system is trying to sense torque on the steering wheel, which Tesla presumes to mean that there are hands are on the wheel. So periodically you have to have some slight resistance to autosteer's inputs or some slight input of your own, but not enough to disengage.
You are correct. I did not see the usual - turn the wheel msg. So, 5. could have been my inattentiveness.

I installed 2022.20.15 (10.69.2) which is my only version of this release family.
2020 Mod X.
Until now, all installs demonstrated a FSD improvement.
This one is puzzling compared to the good reports I've come across.
  1. It previously crept up upon one oblique intersection then smoothly made its left turn.
    This time, while waiting for a long line of cars, the steering wheel twitched a lot! We finally got through the intersection with no additional drama.
  2. It correctly announced an upcoming off ramp maneuver but seemed to be going too fast. The steering wheel started twitching a lot again as though it couldn't make up its mind to turn. It decided not to, and we went on a fairly long detour, through a lot of traffic, to get to our destination.​
  3. It didn't seem to anticipate a lane merge and I took over as I was afraid we'd get sandwiched between the fast-approaching shoulder and a car just barely ahead of us, in the left lane where we needed to be​
  4. It missed another off ramp. There was a long line of cars taking that exit. Either it didn't plan ahead or decided traffic was too heavy? We went to the next exit and doubled back.​
  5. The “hands are off the wheel” alarm sounded and kept on even after I tightened my grip. I was told – no more FSD this trip and that I had 2 more chances before I was canceled.​
    I will not use FSD again on this version!
    Anyone else seeing these issues?
I had the same exact issue. While driving on navigation and FSD my model X missed the off ramp and appeared to be confused I had to take control manually slow down immeditately to make the exit. I was later disconnected from the FSD mode even thou my hand was firmly on the steering wheel. I also have not used FSD after this experience. Just yesterday I received an update 2022.20.17 But I have not driven my Tesla so Lets see if this was a fix.