Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Bear help!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone live in or know of a Tesla charger in or near big bear? My model x lost all 260 miles of charge on the 90 mile drive here and now we fear we don’t have enough charge to make it down the mountain. Any help is sooooo appreciated!!!!
Not familiar with area but if your trip is down hill you will use almost no charge and if it's even steeper it'll gain charge going down. Here's what plugshare shows for area.

upload_2019-12-28_11-54-32.png

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
How much do you have left now after charging overnight? I was able to make it down with 60 miles left on the gauge in about 40 degree weather. You gain about 15 to 20 miles coming downhill and today is sunny. Just make sure you pick a route that could come down and no road closure. You won't have enough to go back up the hill and down another path.

Next time you should charge up at Fontana or San Bernardino before going up. And you probably forgot to turn off Smart Summon standby to lose that much overnight.

we got quite a bit of regen charging coming down the mountain (earlier in the year when it was snowing). started at 160 and made it all the way down at 200. didn't even need to charge by the time we were at the bottom. we also could not find a place to charge and just 120v charged it every chance we got.

A big bear supercharger is currently the #1 requested charger in the world.
Please vote to keep it in the #1 spot.

I added 2 more specific location requests in big bear for the next voting cycle at these locations. Maybe if more people add these spots manually this will increase the chance further of getting a charger installed here.
42170 Big Bear Blvd, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
630 Knickerbocker Rd, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315