Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Bear - where to charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Big Bear Lake has 6 chargers connected to a Remax real Estate office.
tesla bb.jpg
tesla bb2.jpg

I have an 80amp Tesla charger at my house in big bear lake. I do charge a fee to cover expenses but it is worth the peace of mind that you can just pull in and charge in my private driveway just for Tesla cars. There is also a nice restaurant 100 yards away to eat at
I am going to Bears Lake this weekend - I would love to pay you to allow me to charge - how do I get in touch?
Thank you! (718) 872-8587 Helena

Big Bear Lake has 6 chargers connected to a Remax real Estate office. View attachment 717825View attachment 717826
Behind the REMAX on pine nut street, they seem to be on 24/7. All they ask in return for using their chargers is that you give a donation (which they give to charity).

Brilliant marketing move on their part. They are Providing something of immense value to people in their target demo is smart. If i was looking to buy a house in BB, i would probably use REMAX simply for the fact that they provided me something i really needed: Tesla battery power in BB.

THANKS REMAX!!

I have an 80amp Tesla charger at my house in big bear lake. I do charge a fee to cover expenses but it is worth the peace of mind that you can just pull in and charge in my private driveway just for Tesla cars. There is also a nice restaurant 100 yards away to eat at
Sorry I am going this weekend and I am worried I may not have enough to get back. how can I contact to charge a little. my cell number is 818-437-2477 thank you.

I have an 80amp I just installed in big bear lake up the street from the Carl’s Jr.
I’m heading up as well, are you going to be in town? Hopefully won’t need it, depends on how many side trips, that and my better half wants to take 38 rather than 330 which looks like it adds about 40 miles total to the round trip. My need to overrule that request. ;)

Tesla Supercharger at Lake Arrowhead Village (28200 STATE HWY 189, LAKE ARROWHEAD CA 92352) was opened since last week: 8 stalls V3.

Hi! I’m currently in Big Bear and would love to charge at your house this weekend. Would that be possible? I’m happy to pay any fees.

Glad to have Superchargers in Highland and Lake Arrowhead, but what about Big Bear Lake?!

Lol us Californians are spoiled!!

Driving across the southern US when I bought mine, I'd have to go hundreds of miles between charges. There are SOOOOO many in California that we have to ask for them to start putting them in the mountains, lol.

Love it : )

Headed to Lake Arrowhead in May.

Plugshare shows nearly a dozen chargers.
But if you actually look at each of them and filter for ones that actually work, there's about 4 locations that are worth checking out.

2 ask for $25 to use them (bring your own 14-50 compatible EVSE)
1 asks for $7/hour to use them (again bring your own 14-50 compatible EVSE)

Now the Re/MAX has 7 Tesla wall chargers and appear to be free if you check in, though ICEing appears to be an issue looking at the pics on Plugshare.

Plugshare shows nearly a dozen chargers.

View attachment 770071
Basically every dot on plug share is a non public Airbnb or hotels with chargers for guests only. Remax is the only one that is really open to the public that I can see. Holloway's was not very stoked about letting me charge and does not allow EVs to rent an RV spot and stay overnight to charge in case I wanted to camp in the back.

Right. When booking a place in Big Bear, I always book one with a garage, that way I can at least plug into a (usually) 20 amp plug (with the right Tesla adapter) and it works out to be a useful charge. If you need more of a charge, you can always bring a screwdriver , a 50A breaker, a pigtail, and a 50A extension cord. I’ll let you figure out what to do with that.

Reactions: Big Earl