Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Brake Kit the China option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
to me if ford racing team is using those wheels On their cars I suspect they have done all the research on the wheels and not risk a 100k+ car being cheap on a coupe of thousand. I mean isn’t that why BBS is popular? Used by major car companies and in racing? Also in searching I have yet to see a bent or broken @SignatureWheel pic or thread.

Having a US storefront, published and verified weights, median forged price, complete visibility of their manufacturing, US reps, and no issues that I can find on the web or pictures speaks a lot. They tick a lot of boxes that give confidence in running their product.

BBS just filed for bankruptcy. OP if you want to run Chinese BBK run a Chinese BBK. Unless I saw that BBK on a bunch of race cars and proof that they work great I will not get them for my car. And I agree with the OP that there is great aftermarkets parts from China you just need to find the right suppliers. For instance look at the Chinese Model 3 its mostly sourced local suppliers.

to me if ford racing team is using those wheels On their cars I suspect they have done all the research on the wheels and not risk a 100k+ car being cheap on a coupe of thousand. I mean isn’t that why BBS is popular? Used by major car companies and in racing? Also in searching I have yet to see a bent or broken @SignatureWheel pic or thread.

Having a US storefront, published and verified weights, median forged price, complete visibility of their manufacturing, US reps, and no issues that I can find on the web or pictures speaks a lot. They tick a lot of boxes that give confidence in running their product.

It's pretty unlikely that a forged where, where ever it was forged at, is going to break. It gotta be a pretty serious issue with the metal for that to happen, and if they are using 6061 like most forged wheel companies are then its highly unlikely.

The manufacturer of my wheels sent me the 3D cad of them for approval today. So far they are doing a good job for "cheap chinese garbage that should have a middleman"

see pics

Attachments

• IMG-20200831-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200831-WA0000.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG-20200831-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200831-WA0002.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.