TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Big changes in the Supercharger map -- Erie, PA!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by neroden, Dec 25, 2014.

1. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

So I went to look at the official Supercharger map again (haven't looked for a few weeks). It's changed. A lot. Some locations are gone, others are added.

But from my point of view, the most exciting thing is in the Coming Soon tab.

ERIE PA!

:biggrin:

This means I can head west. In summer, I can take the direct route; in winter, I'd have to detour through Buffalo (which is a substantial detour). But it will be possible to reliably get to Cleveland, and from there, the world! :wink:

I don't take that many road trips. But it'll be so much easier to convince other people here in Ithaca to get the car now. Inability to drive west, lack of four-wheel-drive, and price were the three things making it a hard sell. Two down.

Thank you for listening, Tesla.

2. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Sorry but I just had to resurrect this thread for the sheer irony that it has been a year, and we have only seen backwards progress on Erie, which remains a critical gap for I-90 travel.

3. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Heh. Yeah. And Tesla's retrograde backsliding on Ranger service now means I have to tell everyone in this area NOT to buy a Tesla until they open a service center in upstate NY.

4. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

We have some positive movement on Erie, will post as soon as we get something concrete. I can't believe Upstate doesn't have a Service Center yet, nor does Pittsburgh!

5. Newscutter

Newscutter Member