Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Delay in Tesla Solar Order Completion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Tesla Solar Roof Panels and signed an agreement in 8/2020. They had to redo the agreement as they had to give me a smaller system. It's been over 5 months and now they're saying that they may not be able to install. When I called my "rep" she said in March it was being sent to review. I have gotten no communication at all over these months and 4 weeks ago I asked the rep to have her supervisor get back to me. Nada. Does anyone know who's in charge of Tesla Energy?

I ordered my Tesla Solar Roof Panels and signed an agreement in 8/2020. They had to redo the agreement as they had to give me a smaller system. It's been over 5 months and now they're saying that they may not be able to install. When I called my "rep" she said in March it was being sent to review. I have gotten no communication at all over these months and 4 weeks ago I asked the rep to have her supervisor get back to me. Nada. Does anyone know who's in charge of Tesla Energy?
the sad answer is no .. nobody seems to know .. there is no realistic path for escalation of problems with tesla energy

What reason did they give for not able to install? When was the last time you communicated with your project advisor? Their turnover seems to be quite high so you should call the general solar panel number or simply go into chat with them after you click on solar panel and tell them about your problem and give them the name of your project advisor. I had some followup to do regarding damage to my deck during roof install and got no response for weeks, then I went to solar roof chat and eventually found out my project advisor is no longer working there, someone took over and got repair of my deck going. Also, if you are not getting PW you may want to consider other installers, I would if I have to sit there for almost a year.

What reason did they give for not able to install? When was the last time you communicated with your project advisor? Their turnover seems to be quite high so you should call the general solar panel number or simply go into chat with them after you click on solar panel and tell them about your problem and give them the name of your project advisor. I had some followup to do regarding damage to my deck during roof install and got no response for weeks, then I went to solar roof chat and eventually found out my project advisor is no longer working there, someone took over and got repair of my deck going. Also, if you are not getting PW you may want to consider other installers, I would if I have to sit there for almost a year.
The same project advisor is still working. I already have 2 power walls that I had installed 18 months ago.....I'll try the solar roof chat. Thank you!

So now they told me that given the towns fire code setbacks, there is not enough room to install the solar panels!!! I'm very disappointed and am thinking to call another solar panel company to see if they can install enough smaller panels to make it worthwhile... Any other ideas are welcome. I have 2 powerwalls already installed in the basement as backup power lasting about 24 hours...