Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big dilema . . . Do it now or later (Jan 15)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I am debating and need a little help. Should I get one one, demo version or wait until 2015, I do like to have all the goodies and I don't know if there is anything neat coming in the next 4 or so months... Any suggestions ? I would wait if I knew that the outside mirror would be gone, but then again, since everything is kept in secret until it hits the pavement, ?!? Any one know something I should know??? Thanks in advance.

Hello, I am debating and need a little help. Should I get one one, demo version or wait until 2015, I do like to have all the goodies and I don't know if there is anything neat coming in the next 4 or so months... Any suggestions ? I would wait if I knew that the outside mirror would be gone, but then again, since everything is kept in secret until it hits the pavement, ?!? Any one know something I should know??? Thanks in advance.

There is always going to be new stuff, the best way to go about it is asking yourself, is there anything you are waiting for? That should be the benchmark. Tesla does do updates but not on a yearly schedule, they update things when they are ready. There will always be new stuff, no way around it.

As for outside mirrors, you mean side mirrors? If that is what you mean, that is beyond Tesla's choice. The NHTSA has regulations on the books that prevents removing/replacing those. Tesla and other automotive manufacturers are petitioning the NHTSA to remove that requirement. How long that takes depends on your faith in efficiency of government.

Also a side note, you probably should post in the Model S section and not news, that gets more views anyways.

Last edited:
All you guys are right on... Long story, I put a deposit in OR, CO had one that I wanted, went to look it was out as a loaner, they were going to call me when it came back, I was ready to drive it home... next call I get was to let me know is was sold, talk about being shot in the heart... now they are on hold, can sell anything, sometimes you just can't win... Thanks for the advise, I do agree get it now and enjoy as life is too short.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I will go back and find Model S. Yes, side mirrors, I guess NHTSA is as good as FAA, they are there to help right ?