Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Island Charging Help - Kona / Holualoa Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I just purchased a Model X but am in a temporary housing situation right now and unable to install a wall connector. I looked into the destination chargers at both the Hilton and the Four Seasons, but, due to COVID, they're closed with their parking lots barricaded and inaccessible.

I'm in the town of Holualoa but is there anyone on Big Island in the greater Kona area, who would be willing to let me use their home charging unit on occasion for the cost of the electricity? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you have, mahalo!

The mobile connector that came with the vehicle can be used for slow-speed charging on household 110V, or if there's an accessible 220V outlet (i.e. electric dryer), you can purchase an adapter from shop.tesla.com and charge at high-speed.

Sorry, not sure if you were aware, but just wanted to point it out just in case.

Hope you can find a friendly neighbor! Keep in mind you can use the car's internal trip computer to monitor energy usage, and/or sign up for an app like Tezlab to monitor charging sessions energy use.

Reactions: Akikiki
Hello!

I just purchased a Model X but am in a temporary housing situation right now and unable to install a wall connector. I looked into the destination chargers at both the Hilton and the Four Seasons, but, due to COVID, they're closed with their parking lots barricaded and inaccessible.

I'm in the town of Holualoa but is there anyone on Big Island in the greater Kona area, who would be willing to let me use their home charging unit on occasion for the cost of the electricity? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you have, mahalo!
Just in case you aren't already aware, the best way to find public charging locations is via Plugshare.com. Just be sure to check the settings on the search filters to be sure it will show you everything that you can use.

Reactions: Akikiki
Hello!

I actually might be able to help you out, but would need to discuss with my wife. Send me a PM.

I would not expect hotel to allow you to use destination chargers unless you are a paying guest. We've check around with them on Oahu and they won't. I would not expect B.I. to be different.

I'm repeating this so you don't miss it. PM shrink. Do not ask why. Just do it.
:)

Reactions: LN1_Casey