Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Big Island, Trouble getting follow-up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aloha all,

I am having no luck getting a response to concerns with my newly delivered Model 3. *Are outter island Tesla owners experiencing the same thing? I live on the Big Island.
If you have any ideas on how I can get Oahu Dealership to respond I would really appreciate it.
My problems are minor in nature, paint and trim issues but I would still like them addressed.

Thanks Hawaii Tesla Family, I appreciate any help.
Ann

Attachments

• Tesla at Home.jpg
    Tesla at Home.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 6
Have you tried “schedule service” on the app?
Aloha,
Yes I did. When they found out I was on BI, they cancelled my appointment.
**** Good news though, We now have an on island service person !!!! Yipppeee
He has already come out and addressed my issues, all but paint. I am told paint issues go to Oahu. Unfortunately Oahu is not good at any follow up with me.

Reactions: nanimac
Hi, can I ask you a delivery question since you recently took delivery on Big Island? I am finally picking up tomorrow morning at Young Brother's (I ordered in September) and am just now realizing there will likely NOT be a Tesla employee there to take delivery from and get any sort of initial setup instructions. Did you just sign/pickup from a Young Brothers employee and figure everything out yourself? I feel confident I can figure it all out, but it just occured to me that our delivery experience would likely be quite different from anyone on Oahu or mainland.

Hi, can I ask you a delivery question since you recently took delivery on Big Island? I am finally picking up tomorrow morning at Young Brother's (I ordered in September) and am just now realizing there will likely NOT be a Tesla employee there to take delivery from and get any sort of initial setup instructions. Did you just sign/pickup from a Young Brothers employee and figure everything out yourself? I feel confident I can figure it all out, but it just occured to me that our delivery experience would likely be quite different from anyone on Oahu or mainland.

Aloha... So sorry that I didn't log on to see this posting til now.
I did watch some U-tube videos, and yet at the end,
I brought a friend with me and we figured it out.

I hope you are navigating safely.

again, sorry about the delay.
AnaBanana
Let me know how it goes.

I am now being told that I have to have my auto shipped from the Big Island to Oahu to have paint issues taken care of. Of course, they also mentioned that this process is on hold due to the virus and it's impact on shipping.

The paint job on my auto is really bad; flaking, bubbling, dirt embedded, discoloration, and now wear marks where body moving parts are not gapped properly.
My auto is only 9 months old.

*** Potential Hawaii TESLA owners... Buyer Beware! We don't have adequate service!

To AnaBanana: Have u tried BIEVA.org (Big Island Electric Vehicle Assn)? Though not just Tesla owners, many are.
Re Buyer Beware warning, sobering thought. Hard to be a pioneer. Waiting on the CyberTruck. At least no paint on that, but more serious problems could turn it into an expensive brick.

Thanks... I have not.
It seems that since my vehicle is a Tesla and has defective factory paint it would fall to Tesla to fix.
*Next month it will be one year since I have brought up issue to Oahu Dealership. The paint has actually gotten worse as debris is making its way to the surface.

• Love
Reactions: jbasc
To AnaBanana: Have u tried BIEVA.org (Big Island Electric Vehicle Assn)? Though not just Tesla owners, many are.
Re Buyer Beware warning, sobering thought. Hard to be a pioneer. Waiting on the CyberTruck. At least no paint on that, but more serious problems could turn it into an expensive brick.
I have just reached out to BIEVA... thanks for the suggestion!