Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big lot of old-style, warped lug nuts and covers - free

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See photos. About 40 lug nuts and I think 25 lug nut covers. All 'old style'. Most are warped, a few might be "good".
Not sure if anyone has any need for these. A tire shop destroyed the first set and replaced them. Then I replaced those with the 'new style' lug nuts.

Free, you pay actual shipping. It's about 10 pounds, I think.

If nobody wants them, they're going to the landfill. :(

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

Instead of the landfill, maybe you could recycle them? We save up scrap metal throughout the year that might not be appropriate for our single-stream recycling program. We then recycle it during our town's annual clean-up weekend. They sell the scrap and make $$$.

Instead of the landfill, maybe you could recycle them? We save up scrap metal throughout the year that might not be appropriate for our single-stream recycling program. We then recycle it during our town's annual clean-up weekend. They sell the scrap and make $$$.

We have a scrap metal recycling center here, but I don't know if they'll get recycled or dumped. It was just easier to say 'landfill'. ;)

These old style lug nuts have a very thin stainless steel cover that deforms over time, especially with power tools.
see:
It's also quite common for tire shops to mis-judge which socket they need and even though it "fits" it will deform these style lug nuts. They also regularly try to blame "freezing" water getting underneath for their mistakes so don't let them get away with this BS if they mess yours up. I held my ground when the local Discount Tire tried to blame "Colorado weather causing water to get under the "cover" and then freezing and bulging them to cause this" but it was July and although I may have been born at night I surely wasn't born last night. They offered to give me a full set of their in-house locking lug nuts at no additional cost and my only decision was chrome or black.