Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big New Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated. Both passenger side windows won’t do auto up or down. Anyone else?
My passenger window (front only) won't do auto up or down after the 2021.32.21 update. I've done a soft reboot that didn't take care of it.

Since the update, the charge port also opens itself some time after I unplug it in the morning. I would unplug it, the charge port closes, I head inside for a bit, and when I come back out to leave the house, it's open again. It doesn't do it the rest of the day after I manually close it though.

Might need to contact service to see what's going on with these two things.

EDIT: I dug around the site and found some suggesting to re-calibrate the window. Followed the owner's manual section on window calibration and that resolved the auto up/down issue.

Last edited:
My passenger window (front only) won't do auto up or down after the 2021.32.21 update. I've done a soft reboot that didn't take care of it.

Since the update, the charge port also opens itself some time after I unplug it in the morning. I would unplug it, the charge port closes, I head inside for a bit, and when I come back out to leave the house, it's open again. It doesn't do it the rest of the day after I manually close it though.

Might need to contact service to see what's going on with these two things.

EDIT: I dug around the site and found some suggesting to re-calibrate the window. Followed the owner's manual section on window calibration and that resolved the auto up/down issue.
Yes. I found that post and was able to fix the issue as well. During the update, those two windows stopped dropping when the door was opened. I almost broke the window as I opened the door and glass was still stuck in the top.

Yes. I found that post and was able to fix the issue as well. During the update, those two windows stopped dropping when the door was opened. I almost broke the window as I opened the door and glass was still stuck in the top.
I opened the front driver door and front passenger door during the update. The driver side window moved up/down as normal, but the passenger side didn't. Maybe that's why our passenger side window(s) auto up/down stopped working. I guess it's just a passenger side thing or something. Weird quirk from the update.