Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big New Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, 2021.12.25.7 from .4.18.2
That's not it.
Well if that's not it what am I looking for?
Took it out to see what's changed ---
Nada, zilch, nothing. Nothing has changed except for a new game. Period. Not sure what changed.
What a disappointment -- no new battery icon, no Disney, no Car Wash mode. Oh well, wait some more I guess . . .

Well if that's not it what am I looking for?
Took it out to see what's changed ---
Nada, zilch, nothing. Nothing has changed except for a new game. Period. Not sure what changed.
What a disappointment -- no new battery icon, no Disney, no Car Wash mode. Oh well, wait some more I guess . . .
The new one is 2021.24.X.X (I don't know that exact number for the last two) - you just installed 2021.12.25.7

I definitely do not believe this has been released. Teslafi does not show this rolled out to any cars.

Note: I am still on 4.18.11 for some reason. even though im always on wifi and charging. Advanced update toggled.
I am on 4.18.10 - same for me, always on wifi, charging, and advanced update. I can't figure out a pattern, but it seems like I always get the updates well after most people.

Well, I'm still only on 4.18.2. Wonder if I will have to go through all the intermediate updates before I get to the latest?
No, they don't require you to go through every single intermediate update. If you look at the firmware lists and compare to your updates, I'm sure you'll see that you regularly skip builds. Seems like they are still pushing the 2021.12.25.X builds to us right now and we might get that before this "BIG" update mentioned in this thread. I'm not convinced anyone has gotten the Disney+ update yet, seeing as how people are currently being updated to 2021.12.25 builds.

Reactions: jpfive
Jumped in my car this morning and the screen said a new update is available. Got all excited because I thought I was going to get 2021.24.X, but I got 2021.4.21.3 My car is a MYP that I got 2 months ago with serial 209XXX.

I wonder if there are higher updates before the 2021.24, and if I will have to get them installed before I can get the latest.

Jumped in my car this morning and the screen said a new update is available. Got all excited because I thought I was going to get 2021.24.X, but I got 2021.4.21.3 My car is a MYP that I got 2 months ago with serial 209XXX.

I wonder if there are higher updates before the 2021.24, and if I will have to get them installed before I can get the latest.
It seems like the more recent (non-radar) Model Ys are stuck on the 2021.4 branch. The ones with radar are getting 2021.12.25.X -- I haven't seen anyone get the 2021.24.X versions yet.