Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big New Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model Y has release 2021.24.4, I can't find the option to turn off the automatic dimming mirrors. (My Model Y does not have the dimming side-view mirrors but I thought this release might include an option for turning off the automatic dimming of the rear-view mirror.)

Just picked up a new MYP last week with software 2021.11.102. Does the car have to be on wifi to get an update or would I be able to just update from the app if I was notified an update was available?
If you just got your car then you will have “factory islanded firmware” for several weeks at least. They give all new cars a stable version that stays for a couple months usually. This allows a new owner to adapt to the car without having new features or bugs appear while they do so. After the waiting period they put your car into the update pool. I took delivery on 8/3 and have 2021.3.105 and have not received any updates yet.

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid
This makes a lot of sense. Whether it is true or not.
If you just got your car then you will have “factory islanded firmware” for several weeks at least. They give all new cars a stable version that stays for a couple months usually. This allows a new owner to adapt to the car without having new features or bugs appear while they do so. After the waiting period they put your car into the update pool. I took delivery on 8/3 and have 2021.3.105 and have not received any updates yet.

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid
I like the story and am going to decide it's true because it fits ;)

More complicated than that but it's partially true.. As in some people get put in normal rotation faster than others. But there are general groups that end up as test groups. I received my MY July 19 and I am on the 2021.3.x .. Other test groups that are held up are the ones in 2021.4.x.

I think the 2021.12.x and the 2021.24.x and 32.x are normal rotation.

Mine is 2021.3.104