Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big News coming ? Tesla extends for only 2 weeks - Model S/X free referral Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Urrg. I have an order in that is post confirmation, but hasn't entered production. I missed the upgrade to the P90D by like a month last time - they were already delivering the P90D to some folks before I got my P85D. If this happens again, I might lose my mind.

Since domestic orders seem to take 6-8 weeks from order to delivery, ending the FUSC promotion on July 31 makes more sense than July 15, if the intent is to maximize orders for this quarter.

With the push towards profitability in Q3 or Q4 this year, wouldn't be surprised to see Tesla takes some steps to encourage as many sales as possibly in Q3 - and then do the same for Q4 (when the full $7500 US tax credit is scheduled to expire, unless Congress modifies the program).

Or the explanation could be much simpler. Maybe with all the stuff happening at Tesla the new referral program wasn't yet ready, maybe someone was on vacation, so they simply extended the current one till the end of the month.

Or maybe Elon is getting tired of signing awards (I know he still hasn't signed a black wall charger to send me) and are coming up with some software only, over-the-air, will happen some-day referral rewards like some extra features (something like cam views from the phone app) but those are not ready to announce it yet (not that it stopped Elon before, but maybe after his recent tweetcapades the lawyers put him on restricted communications).

Could be anything really.

Reactions: AvengerBB
I don't think he has time to sign them, it will just be a printed sig
I was being facetious. My app says Available in June 2018, it's now mid-July. I have to replace an existing HPWC because the new Teslas are not compatible with Gen1 HPWC's, so wanted to install them together at the same time. It's not like they are waiting for "extensive software validation and government approval" for HPWC's.

Is it possible that Tesla will use the dual motor powertrain in Model 3 also for base Model S/X (with same power output as the performance Model 3) ? Then the model 3 rear motor would be used as rear motor in all Tesla vehicles except performance Model S/X. And the induction motor in dual motor Model 3 would be used in as front motor for all dual motor Tesla vehicles except performance Model S/X.

• Informative
Reactions: PaulusdB
Or the explanation could be much simpler. Maybe with all the stuff happening at Tesla the new referral program wasn't yet ready, maybe someone was on vacation, so they simply extended the current one till the end of the month.

+1, the simplest answer is usually correct. This is just a can kick.

I'm starting to really feel for all of these people expecting big great wonderful things just over the horizon.

I ordered a 90D when they announced that free supercharging would end on Dec 31, 2016. That was followed up by the release of the 100D, so it could be we are 2 weeks away from something. I would love to have a 400 mile range, particularly during our current road trip!

Urrg. I have an order in that is post confirmation, but hasn't entered production. I missed the upgrade to the P90D by like a month last time - they were already delivering the P90D to some folks before I got my P85D. If this happens again, I might lose my mind.

If the value of the missed upgrades before you take delivery exceeds the value to you of the deposit, then simply cancel and reorder. Tesla has built this option into the order process so you should feel free to exercise it if it is better for you.

I ordered a 90D when they announced that free supercharging would end on Dec 31, 2016. That was followed up by the release of the 100D, so it could be we are 2 weeks away from something. I would love to have a 400 mile range, particularly during our current road trip!

Yeah... Me too, I remember missing on it by 2 weeks. But that's how it works with Tesla and the 90D is still amazing :')

Same reason there is a more than a year old 73 page thread titled
Model S range and interior update imminent
Kool-Aid drinkers unite. Oh yeah don’t forget FSD features coming in TWO weeks. ;)
Exactly..... I was going to post the dates for when the new S/X are coming out in that thread but didn't want to deal with the chaos it would ensue by those not wanting to believe it...

Model Y -- 11/2019
Roadster -- 10/2020
Model S 2.0 -- 05/2019
Model X 2.0 -- 08/2022

That would be frustrating. Happened to me with my order. A week or two after taking delivery on an inventory car, a bunch of stuff was added for free and the packages changed. I guess that will go on for years as things improve.