Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big news for NJ buyers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- No sales tax
- $5000 NJ incentive
- $500 NJ charger install incentive
- 30% federal charger install tax credit
- (for any EV but GM/Tesla) $7500 fed tax credit

Any idea how someone acts on the $500 in-home charging incentive or the 30% federal charger install? I just got delivery in December and am charging with the mobile connector (with zero issues) but if I can get a wall connector paid for I would love one so the mobile connector can stay in the trunk full time.

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy
Any idea how someone acts on the $500 in-home charging incentive or the 30% federal charger install? I just got delivery in December and am charging with the mobile connector (with zero issues) but if I can get a wall connector paid for I would love one so the mobile connector can stay in the trunk full time.

The NJ program will be up and running before July(ish) ... until then, I don’t think we have details on the “how” of it all, but a wall connector should certainly qualify for both.

that said - whatever you installed last year should already qualify for the 30% fed credit ... that’ll be on Form 8936 with your taxes.

So install one this year, get $500 from NJ, and then 30% back from the feds. It’s a GREAT year to buy an EV in the Garden State!

- No sales tax
- $5000 NJ incentive
- $500 NJ charger install incentive
- 30% federal charger install tax credit
- (for any EV but GM/Tesla) $7500 fed tax credit

It sure is a great year to buy one in NJ. I've known since about October that I will need a new car. I've been seriously looking into an M3 ever since and am now set to order on at the end of March. Won't get the fed tax credit but everything else is such an incentive. I'm hoping I'll be able to convince family and friends to hop on this opportunity too because if they're buying new, there's really no reason not to go EV/Tesla.

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D