TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Big O Tires or America Tires?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by smilepak, Aug 6, 2017.

1. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

Looking to get
    Pirelli
    Cinturato P7 AS Plus

What experience ya'll got at either of these places. I would rather do Costco but they don't carry the tires.

2. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

I always go to Americas Tire even though I am a Costco member.

• Like x 1
  3. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

Thanks.

Big O Tires was selling these for $226 and America Tire had them for $240. I called America Tire and they were willing to beat the price and offer me $220 on these tires.

I'll be having them do the installation.

The 2015 Model S 70D came originally with Michelin Primacy MXM (I think). It was quite as first but been a bit noisy as of late. Still very good thread according to the last service a month ago. 37k Miles with them.

In reading all the feedback from here and Tire Rack and on Tesla Forum, I decided to go with these Pirelli CinTurato P7 AS Plus. On Tire Rack, they are rated higher than Michelin and Bridgestone Serenity (had these previously on my Lexus - Very Quiet and loved them)

So I decided to give them a shot. Most of the negative feedback people say where about them were on the RWD model of MS. I hope AWD would solve that.

4. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

Here is TireRack rating chart for Grand Touring AS if anyone interested.

2017-08-07_14-08-13.png

• Informative x 1
  5. Dreamontom99

Dreamontom99 New Member

I've been using Americas tires for over a decade and they are the best

6. Markk993

Markk993 Member

America's tire AKA Discount tire is by far the very best... match prices and customer service is the best in the industry

• Like x 1
  7. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

I got a price at Big O Tires for 226.99. America's Tire was $239.00. They did a price match beat and gave me $220.00 on these tires.

Got them installed two days ago. Put over 200 miles on them. Very quite and much better then the Primacy MXM stock i had.