Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Party for Tesla owners, fans, environmentalists & legislators / fundraiser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Pollux,

I apologize I am having a bit of difficulty navigating the site here as I just joined. How can I get an invitation to this event? I am a huge Tesla enthusiast. Thanks :).

Sorry we're going to miss you! But Italy... gee... where are you going there?

Don't forget that the Supercharger network is being built out there, and there's actually a fair amount of coverage, at least where I looked in the north west around Milano. Maybe you could rent a Tesla there, or borrow one from a fellow TMC member.

Hi Pollux,

So if we run into a friend of a friend and find out that person's husband's cousin has a Tesla, and we aren't sure said cousin lurks here, what is the best way to inform them of the party? Email the flyer? Pass along your email? Send you a PM with his email? Semaphore seems inefficient. :)

Hi, @ajay,

Thank you for asking! As you've already figured out, I'm not the world's best advertising guy. I hope that's a feature and not a bug. Anyway, please find enclosed a copy of the flyer. You (and anyone else) are welcome to forward it. You'll notice that it contains pretty much all the relevant info EXCEPT my home address. The intent is to get an interested person to kick out his/her full name & email address to me. Then I send the person the formal RSVP invitation so we can track headcount for food/drink; THAT invitation contains our home address. So please do distribute as you see best.

FYI, the people I'd like to find the most are the owners and fans and owner-wannabe-one-days and Tesla-is-interesting-isn't-it? crowds. And the hardest ones for me to find but the ones who I probably want the most of the most are the people who aren't on teslamotorsclub.com or teslamotors.com. People who might not even know that there IS a "Tesla community". Incredibly enough, there are people who own Teslas or want Teslas who don't spend their lives lurking on these fora! Strange. But true.

So any and all help would be appreciated.

Oh: Party will be held rain or shine; we've got tents; and it's an indoor/outdoor party anyway. We're at 50+ Teslas and owners (mostly Model S, a small number of Roadsters, definitely variants up through P85D, possibly a 90 or two). 230 accepts; probably wind up with 250-300 @ party. Free valet parking (no tipping, please). Off-duty police detail (2 officers). Road will be blocked off. Open bar (water, soda, juices?, beer, wine, hard liquor, 2 different so-called "Tesla Cocktails" also available). Tesla owners from as far north as Prince Edward Island, as far south as Virginia and as far west as Pennsylvania.

Alan

View attachment 2015-08-06 Tesla Party:Fundraiser Flier+Valet+Dress+Rain.pdfView attachment 2015-08-06 Tesla Party:Fundraiser Flier+Valet+Dress+Rain.pdf

Hi Pollux,

So if we run into a friend of a friend and find out that person's husband's cousin has a Tesla, and we aren't sure said cousin lurks here, what is the best way to inform them of the party? Email the flyer? Pass along your email? Send you a PM with his email? Semaphore seems inefficient. :)

Climate XChange / Tesla Community Party/Fundraiser Update

Hi, folks,

Two weeks until the big event my wife and I are hosting at our home in Wellesley, MA. I'm posting an update partly for those who are coming and might be interested in a few details and partly for those who might still be sitting on the fence. If you decide you want an invitation (which doesn't commit you to anything!), send me a PM with your full name and email address.

A few important details that got omitted from the first fliers and invitations:
  • dress is smart casual
  • free valet parking
  • event will be held rain or shine because it's an indoor/outdoor event and we will have tents
  • Oh, and probably nobody cares about this, but it's an Open Bar

And the nice folks at Tesla Motors, Inc., would like me to remind you that this event is in no way sponsored by or affiliated with Tesla Motors. And the nice folks at Tesla Motors Club, LLC, would like me to remind you that this event is in no way sponsored by or affiliated with Tesla Motors Club, LLC.

People who are coming: 250 have accepted as of tonight. Likely, 250-300 total will attend (net of people who accept later versus people who have accepted but turn into no-shows). That includes people from many walks of life -- Tesla owners, fans, doctors, lawyers, tradespeople, financial types, enviros, retirees, people in Teslas who I chased down on roadways, people who love automobiles at auto shows, college kids, kid kids, friends, neighbors, family, etc.

A half-dozen Senators and Representatives from the MA State Legislature plan to attend. That includes our guest speaker, Senator Mike Barrett, who will speak briefly about S.1747, "An Act Combatting Climate Change", which is a real, live, actual piece of legislation about putting a price on carbon and taking the entire proceeds and rebating it back to the individuals and business of Massachusetts. Revenue-Neutral. We have also heard positively from Senators William Brownsberger and Richard Ross. Representatives David Linsky (you may remember him as the Natick rep who fought for Tesla against the auto dealer-inspired shutdown-Tesla legislation), Frank Smizik and Chris Walsh have all also indicated that they will attend. For anyone who cares to do so, this party will offer the opportunity to eat fine food, drink some good drink, and offer up one's feedback to handily-placed Massachusetts legislators.

Somewhere north of 50 Tesla owners have said that they will be at the party. Um... I've lost count. It's over 50. It may be over 60 or more. I really don't know at the moment. Most of them are from Massachusetts but there are a surprising number from Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Quebec and even Prince Edward Island. A lot of them are from TMC but I've also had help finding a number of Tesla owners who are not connected to TMC or teslamotors.com. If you know more like that, please let me know.

There will be sitters on-site to take care of the kids. There will be a bouncy house. I've heard rumors of a cotton candy machine. I've also heard rumors that the sitters will largely be supplied by the Babson Women's Basketball team. It's really hard to know exactly what's going on, I'm pretty much a figurehead in my own home.

There will be some inconspicuous media presence.

The valets will park Teslas up and down our street (which will be blocked off), as well as up and down an adjacent street. Other cars will be parked on the street where possible or in one of the overflow parking lots.

I've attached a flier that you can send to others who you think may be interested in such an event.

I'm pretty darned excited to see that so many Tesla owners and their cars will be gathered in one place for a party!!

Alan

View attachment 2015-08-06 Tesla Party:Fundraiser Flier+Valet+Dress+Rain.pdf

Alan:
I just told Jenny for the first time about your party. Her response was "And he accomplished all that in just two months?"

Very, very impressive! I wish we could show up as the token Alaskans, but we're not leaving here until two days after the party...and I don't think even we could make that deadline - we're not very accomplished as time travelers.

At least I'll be there in spirit (the Slivovitz, that is...) ;)

Sir, you are too kind!

I am just the figurehead for an accomplished team of crack party magicians.

It's like fatherhood. My wife spends all day with the children, and then at night I kiss them before she puts them to bed. I think it's working!

Don't worry... I have one more thing up my sleeve that you can still get involved in... heh, heh. :)

But seriously: THANKS! And if you'll be passing through Boston, please give Jessica and me a chance to take you to dinner. I'd promise we'd look you up the next time we're in Alaska, but...

Alan:
I just told Jenny for the first time about your party. Her response was "And he accomplished all that in just two months?"

Very, very impressive! I wish we could show up as the token Alaskans, but we're not leaving here until two days after the party...and I don't think even we could make that deadline - we're not very accomplished as time travelers.

At least I'll be there in spirit (the Slivovitz, that is...) ;)

Last call on invitations. If you want an invitation, now's the time to send me your full name and email address. We're at 300+, not counting folks who received invitations, haven't RSVP'd, but will show up anyway.

A half-dozen state senators and representatives. A reverend. A rabbi. Somewhere north of 50 Teslas and owners... including one now from Wyoming! A lot of TMC folks. Activities for the kids. Sitters (we're recruiting a part of the Babson Women's Basketball Team). A surprise raffle. Live music. Great food. Great drink. Free valet parking. Media. Dress code is smart casual. Event will be held rain (tents) or shine (still some tents).

Oh, and we'll have tables or products from Tesla, Solar City, Hero Eco A2B electric bikes and WattZilla who will be available to inform anyone who wants to be informed (we're not accepting paid sponsorships from these folks, they will be present as our guests, and we've asked that there be no selling, only informing/demonstrating).

My greatest hope at this point is that you'll help me turn up Tesla owners or Tesla about-to-buyers who aren't connected up via TMC or teslamotors.com and this occasion would be a way to help them get wired into the Tesla community.

Thanks,
Alan

I'm currently at 85% coming. Need to work out one last item on my schedule. I'm currently flying up from VA, but if I can find one or two people to caravan I might drive up.

Anyone interested? Could be folks in Va/MD. We could also meet up at any of the SCs along the way.

Hi, @andrewket,

Hope you can make it!

You might try TMC member @artsci, who lives in Maryland, and plans to drive up.

There are also people coming from Delaware and Connecticut, if @artsci doesn't pan out.

It's a good thing you posted here, as the sad truth is, I am behind in trying to log all the people coming. It's over 300, of which something like 60-70 Teslas.

Please also PM me or send me email if I can be of further help.

Alan

P.S. If you wind up flying, please let me know your flight schedule. If I can't pick you up myself, I may be able to arrange for someone else to meet you. Also, while our house is pretty full already, I can suggest a couple of hotel options nearby.

Big Party for Tesla owners, fans, environmentalists & legislators / fundraiser

Hi, @andrewket,

Hope you can make it!

You might try TMC member @artsci, who lives in Maryland, and plans to drive up.

There are also people coming from Delaware and Connecticut, if @artsci doesn't pan out.

It's a good thing you posted here, as the sad truth is, I am behind in trying to log all the people coming. It's over 300, of which something like 60-70 Teslas.

Please also PM me or send me email if I can be of further help.

Alan

P.S. If you wind up flying, please let me know your flight schedule. If I can't pick you up myself, I may be able to arrange for someone else to meet you. Also, while our house is pretty full already, I can suggest a couple of hotel options nearby.

Alan,

I know artsci, I've already emailed him. And I've already got a ride from the airport if I fly, and the hotel room I booked weeks ago, although the Sheraton near you was booked, so I'm at the Westin to the north?

Thanks for the generous offer of help.

Everyone probably already realizes that I live ~15 min from the Dedham SpC & SvC. 8 stalls. Quick top-offs. I had considered asking Tesla for a temporary charging station for the party duration but decided against it because I didn't want a fossil fuel-fired generator at this event. Poor visuals for partygoers, poor visuals for media. And, as I said, only 15 min to an SpC for a top-off.