Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big price drop - LR down $10k, Plaid down $21k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ohhh I have been told this is a tax march thing. I totally think the opposite is true. Prices will go back up.
There is no way they will go back up, unless some unforeseen disaster happens.

They were already artificially high compared to about 18 months ago. I got my refresh Model S for $77k new and would never pay $94k to get a new one. $77k is the right price and I think the prices will come back down close to $80k. Auto companies took advantage of the market and short supply.

Market is getting way more competitive and there are few people that can afford Model S/X, especially with interest rates so high too. Plus with gas this cheap now it makes it even harder to sell EV’s and hybrids.

Yep. If they want to push transaction prices up now they'll have to offer expensive options that aren't paint and vaporware software that will work in two weeks, like everyone else. Porschefy all the things! What's another $20 a month? If you're going to have crap initial quality you can't also be priced well above the competition.

The S really was a decent deal at $69,420 though.

They were already artificially high compared to about 18 months ago. I got my refresh Model S for $77k new and would never pay $94k to get a new one. $77k is the right price and I think the prices will come back down close to $80k. Auto companies took advantage of the market and short supply.

Market is getting way more competitive and there are few people that can afford Model S/X, especially with interest rates so high too. Plus with gas this cheap now it makes it even harder to sell EV’s and hybrids.
The reduction is only due to a federal credit that is applied to the purchase price. Once it phases out, prices will go back to normal.

The reduction is only due to a federal credit that is applied to the purchase price. Once it phases out, prices will go back to normal.
Totally disagree with you and there is no Federal tax credit for Model S/X. There is no way they will continue to sell well if the raise prices. So, why were prices much cheaper just a couple years ago. What you are saying makes no sense.

Reactions: byeLT4 and ucmndd

Agree with a lot of what you said but......
Cheap gas LMFAO a little over 2 years ago I was paying $1.65 gallon.