Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big recall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here. Not wipers, phantom braking, or fitting anti-kerbing guards to alloys. Ex plod ing screens, it seems.

Nothingburger.

Reuters not reliable. In any case, CURRENT version of the article makes no mention of ex plod ing (don't feed the bots). Reuters regularly rewrite articles and headlines to get a huge impact and then slowly correct their, ahem, information. From Reuters twitter link you posted

1652703048978.png

With Reuters and other unreliable sources, it's often worth checking redirects. In this case, looks like they haven't redirected to a completely different article as they sometimes do. Could have rewritten original to catch the gullible, get reposts & affect trading bots

1652703206167.png

Fixed with an over the air update. Side-effect of providing an upgrade to the infotainment in newer vehicles.

These recalls are a huge pita. It is such a nuisance to connect to a wifi and leave it overnight.. ;)
Hi, where I live in Oxford UK there are ++++ Teslas on the roads but our nearest garage is 40miles away. I’ve had to waste 2 half days of my time visiting for - you guessed - recalls! Time for more service centres to match the expectations of price paid for the car.

I'm really split on this whole issue. Should something that gets an OTA update even be considered a Recall? No.....lets not make a mountain out of a molehill here.

But, should the car NEED these OTA updates to begin with? Also no....its like the state of computer games these days, 9/10 are released in a buggy, sometimes even unplayable state and then patched later and this has somehow become the norm, when it really shouldn't be.

Finally, should things like boots not opening properly or bms sensors not working properly (from a recent Louis Rossmann video I just watched) be allowed to be "fixed by software" when there is a good chance the patch is just ignoring the deeper issue?

Like I said....split.