Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Valley Towing from Las Vegas stole my car today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sandollars

I bleed Cardinal
Feb 19, 2018
So Cal/So UT
My 4 day old car "bricked" today so I contacted Tesla. They were SUPER apologetic, efficient and responsive to get me handled and arranged for a tow company to come pick up my car. It's a 2018 MCU2 MS 100D.

The tow company showed up and the operator commenced to put my car on his flatbed. During the process, he damaged my front bumper which made me sick to my stomach, but not the end of the world. It was a difficult pick. HOWEVER, When I pointed it out to him, he denied it, told me it was already like that, then said he didn't see anything wrong with it and started copping an attitude, so, having been burned before by being Mr. nice guy, I decided to take a bunch of pictures and deal with Tesla to make it right since the tow company was acting as their agent.

Taking pictures made his attitude get worse and I assertively pointed it out to him and requested he chill out as it was MY car that was damaged.

This really pissed him off.

Once he got the car on the truck he just got in the cab and drove off!!! I was very concerned that I did not get ANY documentation showing proof that I had relinquished possession to him and nearly called the police to have him pulled over so I could get a receipt. Thank goodness my Delivery advisor was available to talk me down. The guy didn't say goodbye, eff you, or even flip me off! I don't believe I have ever been treated like this!

Consider this fair warning if you have Gig Valley Towing in Las Vegas dispatched to pick up your disabled car.

For all intents and purposes the guy stole my car!!!! I want EVERYONE to know!!!! Wouldn't you???? The guy took my car and didn't even leave me a receipt!!!!! Taking my car was not RUDE treatment.
The guy was a jerk, but Tesla sent the tow company ... so hard to claim that he stole your car. You gave him your car because Tesla sent him. I wouldn't have asked for a receipt. It wouldn't even have occurred to me.

Teslas are really a bad combination of needing to be towed often, and really hard to get onto a tow truck without scraping both front and rear bumpers. A buddy told me his car has been towed ten times and has left scratches on his driveway it's rubbed so hard. I have been lucky it hasn't been THAT bad but it's been scuffed for sure. The overhangs on the car are just not meant for tow trucks.

• Disagree
Reactions: gaswalla
My 4 day old car "bricked" today so I contacted Tesla
No, your car isn’t “bricked”. As has been explained here multiple times, “bricked” is a pejorative term used by EV haters meaning the battery is permanently dead. That doesn’t occur with Teslas since the Roadster. Your car may not be able to turn on, you might describe it as dead, but please don’t feed the EV hatred by calling it “bricked”.

If your 12v battery on an ICE is dead, would you say the car is “bricked”? Of course not.

No, your car isn’t “bricked”. As has been explained here multiple times, “bricked” is a pejorative term used by EV haters meaning the battery is permanently dead. That doesn’t occur with Teslas since the Roadster. Your car may not be able to turn on, you might describe it as dead, but please don’t feed the EV hatred by calling it “bricked”.

If your 12v battery on an ICE is dead, would you say the car is “bricked”? Of course not.

My apologies. I stand corrected. A brick would currently be more utilitarian than the car at this very moment though.

Is the car still missing? Or did he deliver it to Tesla? If he delivered it I don’t think he stole it.

As stated my delivery advisor talked me down, implying that he made me feel reasonably comfortable it would be delivered to the service center and not to worry. Currently, I have no idea where it is. It is dead. The app shows it in the driveway of my winter home, which it is not.

Honestly, you should have asked the tow truck driver to immediately stop what he was doing, drop the car and leave based on what you are saying. If someone came to tow my car and was rude and had loads of attitude, he would be asked to immediately leave my car and leave and I'll make alternate arrangements to transport the car. At that point after you relinquish permission for the tow truck driver to handle/take your car and they continued to do so, it would be stealing but unless you asked him to not take the car, not sure how it is stealing.