Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bigger Cupholder Retrofit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! Not sure if you know but early model x's had a different design cup holder which was slightly larger. They did not have the rubber nubs in the inside. I actually have the full center console assembly with that older design cupholder because I hated my drinks sliding around in that design. If you like to buy it off me let me know.

My wife is always trying to ram her gigantic metal Stanley mug in to the cup holder and I swear she’s going to break it. It’s the one thing she hates about the car and she takes that damn mug everywhere. I too, would love an option to fit a slightly larger cup. It’s close, but doesn’t quite fit.

Hello! Not sure if you know but early model x's had a different design cup holder which was slightly larger. They did not have the rubber nubs in the inside. I actually have the full center console assembly with that older design cupholder because I hated my drinks sliding around in that design. If you like to buy it off me let me know.
Can you show me a pic of what your talking about? If it will fit my car (2023 MX) and it will fit my wife’s Stanley cup, I’m a buyer.

Can you show me a pic of what your talking about? If it will fit my car (2023 MX) and it will fit my wife’s Stanley cup, I’m a buyer.

This is a picture of the old style cupholder in the 2022 refresh (disregard the wrap this person put on) Im not home at the moment to take a picture of the dash I have but will when I can.

edit: for comparison sake here is what the new design looks like: https://external-content.duckduckgo...8a86d27697838b1c94acf24fb8f13dc979&ipo=images

This is a picture of the old style cupholder in the 2022 refresh (disregard the wrap this person put on) Im not home at the moment to take a picture of the dash I have but will when I can.

edit: for comparison sake here is what the new design looks like: https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://d2q97jj8nilsnk.cloudfront.net/images/Console-Open-Pic.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=c64cf9df6aeb43a97acd657299b15d8a86d27697838b1c94acf24fb8f13dc979&ipo=images
So it really looks like they just added the rubber "nubs" around it? The vertical protrusions that help hold smaller drinks in place?

You don’t happen to have a Stanley mug at your house you can see if it fits in there, do you? How much do you want for it?
send me a link to what mug it is, I can at least measure it for you. Also the cupholders you want are built into the entire center dash. Its a big piece. I could send to you for 350$ shipped. A tesla shop should be able to retrofit it for you just as they did me.

send me a link to what mug it is, I can at least measure it for you. Also the cupholders you want are built into the entire center dash. Its a big piece. I could send to you for 350$ shipped. A tesla shop should be able to retrofit it for you just as they did me.
If it’s that big of “surgery” then I’m not interested. That’s a bummer. I’ll just make an insert with my 3D printer that fits in the cup holder and holds that mug.