Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Biggest concern ahead of the big reveal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope the design is timeless and leaning towards understated rather than showy.

My preference in a car is something that does not attract much attention, because I hate dealing with jealous people, gawkers, and cops. Something like Model X seems to draw a small crowd, but I think it's likely that Model 3 will not be a magnet like the X is with Falcon wing doors deployed.

Presuming even with signing up on day one that there will be plenty ahead of me, the subsequent presumption is that a few will be delivered before I'm asked to commit my order. If the first few deliveries suffer from the same quality/build issues reported in the X forum, I'll cancel. Not worth the $3,750 savings from half the tax credit.

Second, there's no need to be concerned with supercharger availability. 90% of owners don't use SCs now. Figure 60% of M3 owners won't either. The handful of SCs under pressure now are fine 90% of the time. There will be no spinoff, no subscription model, and no pay per use.

Given the fact that the majority of M3 owners won't use SCs, I wouldn't mind seeing a base model without SC access enabled, but available later for some additional amount. Remember that Iacocca's Mustang launched with no radio as it was intended to be affordable for families.

We shall see.

Wondering... If a whole new suite of sensors (with redundancies) will be required to be fully autonomous, I just hope the Model 3 will either have the hardware or be retrofit-able down the road. Maybe the Computer as well. And what is running this thing - Is Intel inside? I haven't seen anything regarding the brains. BK, get on that - don't miss out like Paul did on the Mobile industry! This is real Mobile...

I don't know how I'm going to pay for it, but I have some time. I do have a very nice '63 Buick LeSabre Convertible that I could sell. As my brother told me "Soon people will look at the drivers of gasoline cars like someone who just farted at a restaurant or lit up a cigarette." It actually makes sense. I am making $$$ on the stock (long) with my IRA, but that won't help until about 2020.

I'll be in Scottsdale Az in the morning. See ya there! Hoping they give Muffins like Sydney ;)

Trade ins? Gets 13 MPG :(
P9270027.JPG