TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Biggest CPO discount from new yet?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Wshowell, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Wshowell

Wshowell Member

I've seen cheaper CPO of course but not one as discounted this from new. Probably 50% depreciation from new? Anyone seen larger?

Attached Files:

2. madsina

madsina Member

Looks like a bunch of the P85+ dropped in price, some 10k or more.

3. Reeler

Reeler 8th Year of Pure EV

Looks like everyone wants autonomous and dual motor options. This model is less efficient too. Technologically obsolete without a model change!

4. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

That car is a crazy good deal.

Yes, I bet many are waiting for the D/Autopilot cars to be available. We are in that situation ourselves and Douglas might just explode while waiting...

5. Sparktz

Sparktz S 90D, X 90D

Maybe because it is brown. :redface:

6. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

And it's gone! Someone got a great deal!

7. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

When will we see the thread title asking for the best option to repaint a Model S? :)

Whoever bought that car got a great deal. Many have paid more for S60 and S85 vehicles in the very recent past.

8. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Member

Tesla's inspection process has changed. I was told there is more engagement of the DS on the front end of a trade in, and some specific extra exterior checks to avoid, specifically, paint issues. I'd be more confident in today's CPO.

9. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

Actually I wasn't implying the car would have bad paint quality... Some were saying that the P85+ was priced at $60K because it is brown and I was attempting to make a joke that someone is going to buy it and try and figure out how to paint or wrap it in a different color :)

I too have seen indications they are being more stringent with their CPO cars and that is good for everyone :)

Now if they would only allow you to buy an extended warranty for CPO cars I would no longer have a need to prefer a private party purchase over a CPO car due to lack of CPO warranty extendibility...