TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Biggest CPO discount from new yet?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Wshowell, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Wshowell

Wshowell Member

I've seen cheaper CPO of course but not one as discounted this from new. Probably 50% depreciation from new? Anyone seen larger?

Attached Files:

2. madsina

madsina Member

Looks like a bunch of the P85+ dropped in price, some 10k or more.

3. Reeler

Reeler 6 Years of Pure EV

Looks like everyone wants autonomous and dual motor options. This model is less efficient too. Technologically obsolete without a model change!

4. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

That car is a crazy good deal.

Yes, I bet many are waiting for the D/Autopilot cars to be available. We are in that situation ourselves and Douglas might just explode while waiting...

5. Sparktz

Sparktz Member

Maybe because it is brown. :redface:

6. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

And it's gone! Someone got a great deal!

7. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

When will we see the thread title asking for the best option to repaint a Model S? :)

Whoever bought that car got a great deal. Many have paid more for S60 and S85 vehicles in the very recent past.

8. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Member

Tesla's inspection process has changed. I was told there is more engagement of the DS on the front end of a trade in, and some specific extra exterior checks to avoid, specifically, paint issues. I'd be more confident in today's CPO.

9. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

Actually I wasn't implying the car would have bad paint quality... Some were saying that the P85+ was priced at $60K because it is brown and I was attempting to make a joke that someone is going to buy it and try and figure out how to paint or wrap it in a different color :)

I too have seen indications they are being more stringent with their CPO cars and that is good for everyone :)

Now if they would only allow you to buy an extended warranty for CPO cars I would no longer have a need to prefer a private party purchase over a CPO car due to lack of CPO warranty extendibility...