Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Biggest difference with my new X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some will wait for a redesign, then still wait some more because they don't want to buy a "first year production". Want to wait a couple years to "work out the bugs"

Current production cars are fantastic, but Tesla will continue to improve them...forever.
The never ending dilemma of buying a Tesla. But now or wait for the best version?

I prefer to leverage the balance between these two and seek out demo and showroom cars with outsized discounts at quarter end.

Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don’t. I regret nothing! :)

Sorry friend. I’m not a fan boy of any company. Waste is a waste. But to each it’s own.

Long before I even had an interest in cars this man became a hero to me.

‘Just don’t waste’: A vital message from David Attenborough.

Elon talks about 'sustainability', but deep down we all know what that really means, and the answer certainly is not Tesla.

Lock down has given me a perspective on life, and now as I approach my 40s and look back am shocked at how much waste I've created in the last two decades of my life :(.

We are all in a privileged position on this planet by been able to afford these cars, waste however is the biggest crime all of us commit everyday, and I personally am trying very hard to moderate my behaviour.

Reactions: E Dizzle
^Interesting to see car usage and air travel is just below that. Am amazed at how much I don't miss air travel, we use to fly long haul twice a year, and our car mileage is now 1/3 of what it use to be pre COVID.

May be am just having a mid life crisis, but when COVID ends I'm going to try my best to not go back to the wasteful living we had before. Getting a new car is now way way way down on my list of priorities in life.

^Interesting to see car usage and air travel is just below that. Am amazed at how much I don't miss air travel, we use to fly long haul twice a year, and our car mileage is now 1/3 of what it use to be pre COVID.

May be am just having a mid life crisis, but when COVID ends I'm going to try my best to not go back to the wasteful living we had before. Getting a new car is now way way way down on my list of priorities in life.

I think a lot of people are re-evaluating what is important these days. You only get so many turns on this world.

Gave up going to the office and trying to build a bigger and bigger company a few years back. Wife and I shrank company and only work from home on the projects we want. The Teslas are one of our few indulgences, so we will lease a new X or Y in 2021.

We have had our new 308XXX vin Model X for a week now, replacing a pre Raven 100D after 53,000 miles and 3 years of ownership. Over 240,000 model X's have rolled off the line between our two cars. I love the idea that our "slightly used" Tesla will now go to another family who might not be able to afford a new X. I know it is a romantic notion, but it works for me.

Redesign will happen in Q1 2021 and Plaid will most likely be delivered by Summer 2021. There was a user on reddit who was an insider and was revealing a bunch of stuff, all of which has come true so far including 5% range boost in battery packs, model 3 with heat pump and new center console. According to him, a refresh for S/X will be in Q1 2021 with interior and exterior. Exterior will look like the mix of roadster and current S and interior will have more than two screens. He alleged that Model 3 will have somewhat of an update with heat pump, console and trunk but heated steering wheel won't be revealed until December.

This guy's account is now deleted and my guess is he got in trouble for revealing stuff. But that's my two cents. I just got a 2020 Inventory Model S with G battery and am quite salty about that, however, with these incremental updates I no longer doubt anything that account posted so expect a massive drop in value for your vehicles as a refresh happens in a few months. This range boost was the last update we were going to get before a refresh according to that insider.

Redesign will happen in Q1 2021 and Plaid will most likely be delivered by Summer 2021. There was a user on reddit who was an insider and was revealing a bunch of stuff, all of which has come true so far including 5% range boost in battery packs, model 3 with heat pump and new center console. According to him, a refresh for S/X will be in Q1 2021 with interior and exterior. Exterior will look like the mix of roadster and current S and interior will have more than two screens. He alleged that Model 3 will have somewhat of an update with heat pump, console and trunk but heated steering wheel won't be revealed until December.

This guy's account is now deleted and my guess is he got in trouble for revealing stuff. But that's my two cents. I just got a 2020 Inventory Model S with G battery and am quite salty about that, however, with these incremental updates I no longer doubt anything that account posted so expect a massive drop in value for your vehicles as a refresh happens in a few months. This range boost was the last update we were going to get before a refresh according to that insider.
Sounds exciting. Do you happen to have links to his posts screenshots specially about the model X refresh?

Hope this is true. But could be complete BS. Only time will tell.
Yeah, take it with a grain of salt of course. So far all of what the account holder said came true. He/she was also quite surprised when Elon announced Plaid for late 2021 and was saying they were ahead of schedule so why did Elon downplay the timeline ? Pretty weird for someone to be making predictions that end up becoming true. I guess let's wait for a heated steering wheel in Model 3 by December

most interesting post I’ve read in a while on here. Thanks!

Bow GreenOnly confirms it too. Change is coming pretty freaking fast so the heated steering wheel is coming in Model 3. Remember, according to the insider it is going to be in December. We are seeing signs of that already. Air suspension in the works too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201022-171009_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20201022-171009_Twitter.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: VikH
I loved my blue 2017 X100d, but I admit it, I like to trade in after 3 years. This was particularly ridiculous because my 2017 was absolutely perfect. My only criticism was the range--at 85% charge, I could get 250 miles. That's ok, but for trips, I had to use better route planner and sometimes even non Tesla chargers.
Hmmm, I am a bit puzzled as one of my cars is also a 2017 X with about the same range at 85%. I have traveled back and forth across the USA coast to coast 3 times (different routes) and never needed to use anything other than a Tesla Supercharger. Glad to hear you are getting much better range on your new one.

I am test driving an MX Raven Perf this weekend and a Model Y Perf afterwards to replace my 2017 MX P100DL. I am leaning towards getting a Model Y Perf since it has the latest and greatest (2170, more efficient, heat pump, etc...). Storage will be tighter in the Y, but these days we are not utilizing the 3rd row in our MX at all. Then once the MX is revised, pickup the new one.
I just did the same thing, testing X back to back against Y. Couldn’t bring myself to go for the Y over the X. The X is just so much more luxurious and spacious for my family of five. The Y was definitely more fun to drive, more agile, and felt “fresher“. Despite the price differential, I still want the X as the penultimate Tesla.