Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Biggest difference with my new X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The GVWR on the X and Section 179 help me with the decision. Cancelled my Y in March right before factory shutdown, they couldn't make it in time before shutdown, and I kinda lost interest during initial shutdown. The inner numbers guy says the X makes more sense.

-ThinkMac-

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I just did the same thing, testing X back to back against Y. Couldn’t bring myself to go for the Y over the X. The X is just so much more luxurious and spacious for my family of five. The Y was definitely more fun to drive, more agile, and felt “fresher“. Despite the price differential, I still want the X as the penultimate Tesla.

For a family of 5, the X is the better choice (assuming you got a 6/7 seat config). You can throw one of the kids in the 3rd row so they are not right next to each other.

I just did the same thing, testing X back to back against Y. Couldn’t bring myself to go for the Y over the X. The X is just so much more luxurious and spacious for my family of five. The Y was definitely more fun to drive, more agile, and felt “fresher“. Despite the price differential, I still want the X as the penultimate Tesla.
We just did the same thing, went in thinking I wanted a Y, drove the whole lineup, ordered an X.

• Love
Reactions: DIL and umair239
Redesign will happen in Q1 2021 and Plaid will most likely be delivered by Summer 2021. There was a user on reddit who was an insider and was revealing a bunch of stuff, all of which has come true so far including 5% range boost in battery packs, model 3 with heat pump and new center console. According to him, a refresh for S/X will be in Q1 2021 with interior and exterior. Exterior will look like the mix of roadster and current S and interior will have more than two screens. He alleged that Model 3 will have somewhat of an update with heat pump, console and trunk but heated steering wheel won't be revealed until December.

This guy's account is now deleted and my guess is he got in trouble for revealing stuff. But that's my two cents. I just got a 2020 Inventory Model S with G battery and am quite salty about that, however, with these incremental updates I no longer doubt anything that account posted so expect a massive drop in value for your vehicles as a refresh happens in a few months. This range boost was the last update we were going to get before a refresh according to that insider.

all model s and x on UK website set estimate delivery new order on March
do you think because of redesign ?

do Tesla charge any fee to cancel order before March ?

all model s and x on UK website set estimate delivery new order on March
do you think because of redesign ?

do Tesla charge any fee to cancel order before March ?

Yeah, as much as I believe the stuff that guy posted I would still advise you to take it with a grain of salt. Tesla is always adding and sometimes removing stuff from their vehicles and its nearly impossible to time them. With Plaid set to be delivered in late 2021 we might see something new about S/X in Q1 is my assumption which is based on pure speculation.