Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bike rack and cargo box rec?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m ordering the roof rack from Tesla (2 bikes don’t fit in a model 3) but I’m not quite sure about the bike rack. Anyone with experience out there with roof mounted bike racks on the 3 ? I’m looking for a fork mount rack for a road bike . Lockable is a must unfortunately.

Any help would be much appreciated..

For my road bike, I have the Yakima HighSpeed, with an optional T-Slot adapter kit (SmarT-Slot Kit 1) and some SKS Lock Cores to secure the bike and rack to the roof bars. I think there are 4 locking points, but the SKS lock cores are just wafer locks so it's not a great deal of security, but better than nothing.

Reactions: Allx
For my road bike, I have the Yakima HighSpeed, with an optional T-Slot adapter kit (SmarT-Slot Kit 1) and some SKS Lock Cores to secure the bike and rack to the roof bars. I think there are 4 locking points, but the SKS lock cores are just wafer locks so it's not a great deal of security, but better than nothing.
Thanks for the tip, I'll add it to the list

I use Thule Circuit bike racks with my Tesla roof racks without any issues. Clamp down really tight to the crossbars and very stable; also lockable. However, my Thule roof box (I can't remember which model name) has twice been knocked askew by strong crosswinds while I was driving on the freeway, despite me making sure it's as tightly clamped as possible. The Tesla racks are fairly thin so I'm going to try something like medical tubing around the box claw feet to make them more "grippy." The box is fairly tall (was looking for enough space for both snowboards and skis), so if this fix doesn't work I may have to swap it out for a lower profile box.
IMG_9955.jpg

Last edited: