Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bike Rack Support Strap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unclear what you are trying to solve? I put two eBikes on my X. A 2" hitch with a good bike mount that has a threaded bolt keeps it tight and avoids rocking. Even if you bike rack doesn't come with one that have alternatives that seem to work. (aka. Tightener or Anti-Rattle Stabilizer)

Strap one down because the angle of the front tire post is too vertical.

MVGJv92.jpg

Reactions: Shaz
Hello,

Is anyone using this support strap on their Model X: Curt Manufacturing 18050 Bike Rack Stabilizer Strap, Hitch Clips & Pins - Amazon Canada
Was thinking of getting one to support my bike rack, though looking at the Model X, it would have to hook at the top part of the trunk which is glass.
Would like to see if anyone here has used it and what their experiences are.

Thanks in advance.
I used those (or similar) with my Saris rack and my 2007 Prius. Made the 4-bike rack much more stable. I haven't dared use the straps on my Y, due to the glass. actually, didn't even (yet) dare to run strap to the roof racks I have installed either. half way though a recent short trip, I ran a ratchet strap from the top of my rack (it's a hanging type) down to and around the hitch behind the hitch pin. This strap, now the hypotenuse of the newly formed triangle, seemed to make the rack bounce a little less.

• Informative
Reactions: Shaz
I used those (or similar) with my Saris rack and my 2007 Prius. Made the 4-bike rack much more stable. I haven't dared use the straps on my Y, due to the glass. actually, didn't even (yet) dare to run strap to the roof racks I have installed either. half way though a recent short trip, I ran a ratchet strap from the top of my rack (it's a hanging type) down to and around the hitch behind the hitch pin. This strap, now the hypotenuse of the newly formed triangle, seemed to make the rack bounce a little less.
Thanks for this as I also have a hanging type bike rack. I will do what you did. Did not think about using the hitch as an anchor, great idea.