Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bike vs. Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you had a mission to create a 'life capsule' for future humanity preservation, I think it would be far more cost/resource effective to create a 'biosphere' under the ocean than a colony on Mars...

(Boy are we WAY off topic!)

How is a biosphere UNDER THE OCEAN better than a biosphere on land?

Mainly worry of a hostile populace invading your stronghold. Or radiation from a war. Or a disease getting in.
Being at the bottom of the ocean would keep the rif-raff away.
Plus, with the right technology, you could process sea-water to get things like drinking water and hydrogen to keep your ecosystem going. Probably lots of other useful raw materials down there yet "unmined."

But really my point is that it would be cheaper/easier to build something like that *anywhere* on this planet than it would be to haul equipment and people to Mars.

Last edited:
Second planet is a catch for the occasional bad thing happening to a planet as whole. Meteor storm. Comet hit (see Shoemaker-Levy). Flip of polar axis (see Uranus). Going into bound rotation (Merkur). Crushed by gravitational tides (see asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter). Really bad things and there won't be any Rangers to come and fix your Roadster.

Well after sitting out of work 2 weeks recovering from a broken neck I may find myself driving the Tesla to work more than riding my bicycle.
Dave_Bike_Helmet_01.JPG
As you can see from the picture of my helmet if I were not wearing one I doubt I would be writing you. Fortunately I should make a full recovery.

For me the reason I try to ride my bike is first and foremost to get some exercise. It seems like life is so busy at times it is hard to find time to exercise.

Full recovery in the picture

Yes the helmet was shattered but only minor bump to the head. I think I landed right on my head so my neck received MOST of the shock. I knew I would be sore the next day little did I realize I get to spend the night in the ER and two weeks of unexpected vacation and no driving:scared:

Fortunately my wife was in a good position to be a caregiver