Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Billings, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been a contact person with the Tesla Supercharger team, our local Travel and Tourism board and a business owner who has offered a lease in Sheridan. Sheridan and Gillette are both in process, though it's gone slower than I was led to believe back at the beginning of the year.

I tried to link the Billings TV news story about my visit, but my post was sequestered and is pending moderator approval.

DrGuest, You can now vote yourself off your own charging island! :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

My contact at Tesla indicated that Coeur D'Alene and Bozeman would follow fairly quickly after Billings. I have tried several times to dig out their permits, but without success. Someone at TMC Connect mentioned that Gillette and Sheridan, WY are coming soon as well, but I do not know what the source of their info might have been.

@Vger The expanded freedom feels liberating, and it is just Begining! It will be exciting to see each of these new sites pop!

1-IMGL7316.jpg
1-IMGL7388.jpg
1-IMGL7472.jpg
Yesterday, My wife and I were looking to the sky saying , Thank You Tesla Motors! Yesterday we drove to Billings, MT from Bozeman, because Montana's 1st Supercharger in Billings makes Billings and Red Lodge free destinations for us, forever! We had about 80 miles left arriving at the brand new Supercharger. We were just the 3rd car to use it, I know #1 and #2! We had lunch at the Rib and Chop House, were fully charged way before we could be done with our meal. We then drove to Red Lodge, MT and took the Model S up more than 5000 vertical feet to one of the highest and most beautiful highways in the whole US, The Beartooth Highway! Then back to Billings for dinner and the Supercharge and then back home to Bozeman -all day transportation costs were ZERO ! Thank you Tesla Motors!

Last edited:
Reactions: Piney999
DrGuest, your gray S is looking good at the top of the Beartooth Highway. It'll be high on my list of must-see spots once Gillette and Sheridan SpC's come on line…right after I visit my son at MSU.:wink::biggrin:

I love threads like this. It really shows what Superchargers do to make ownership more enjoyable and practical.

I'd always considered that PEV would move money from oil to electricity, but really I think it's going to move money to electricity, food and tourism.

The Beartooth is my favorite drive in the USA. So awesome and how cool to do it on electricity. I did it fueled by love handles on my bike one time, that is almost as cool.

So how much range did you pick up on the way down DrGuest?

The Beartooth is the road between Red Lodge and Cook City. Cook City is just east of Yellowstone. You really really really should drive the Beartooth. If you are coming from Red Lodge then you would want to go a few miles past the summit, and then turn back if you are not passing through.

I just can't say enough about the beauty of the area. If you are in a 4wd or have a mountain bike, take the road up to the Hell Roaring Plateau, the trail for that begins at Limberpine Campground. You can see HRP across the valley in the picture DrGuest took showing the side profile of the S sitting next to the guard rail.

Red Lodge is a great little all American town too.

@stevezzzz,Thank You, please visit us when in Bozeman, awesome your son is attending MSU, I did also way back in 1978-1984!this is such a great place to be young and very active outdoors. It's also fun being middle aged with the only Model S in Town!
DrGuest, your gray S is looking good at the top of the Beartooth Highway. It'll be high on my list of must-see spots once Gillette and Sheridan SpC's come on line…right after I visit my son at MSU.:wink::biggrin:

I wish I could get on a mailing list or whatever with Tesla so that I could know when the ribbon cutting is. Th "e-mail only goes to locals" policy is a real buzzkill for "supercharger supporters" like myself.

I know this is an old thread, but I remembered the high praise for the Beartooth Highway. My wife and I were going to drive through Yellowstone and on to the Black Hills, so we took the chance to drive the Beartooth along the way. What a great road! We had my S; it's a P90DL so while I really appreciated the power, frankly I would have preferred a slower Roadster or Model 3 - a smaller car would do well here with the narrow lines and so many tight turns.

We stayed at the Yodeler Hotel in Red Lodge; they have Destination Chargers.

beartooth.jpg

Reactions: goneskiian and KJD
I know this is an old thread, but I remembered the high praise for the Beartooth Highway. My wife and I were going to drive through Yellowstone and on to the Black Hills, so we took the chance to drive the Beartooth along the way. What a great road! We had my S; it's a P90DL so while I really appreciated the power, frankly I would have preferred a slower Roadster or Model 3 - a smaller car would do well here with the narrow lines and so many tight turns.

We stayed at the Yodeler Hotel in Red Lodge; they have Destination Chargers.

View attachment 315104
Ha my old Model S license plate was BBK7063. That car was on the Beartooth as well!

Reactions: ChadS