Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Binghamton, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in Binghamton over the weekend and stopped by The Spot to see what things looked like. I was surprised to see a crew of 3-4 guys working on a Sunday. I took a couple of photos and asked the workers when they thought they'd be finished. One said very soon, and another said next weekend. These photos were taken yesterday.

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for the pictures and the update!

It's good to hear that the workers are optimistic that the Supercharger will be open soon, though I imagine the prediction of this weekend was overly optimistic. I guess we will see!

Anyone passing the site should check for the transformer. It will be on the pad between the enclosure and the road.
Even if the site is done it will not be operational till connected to the grid.
Note that they must have hand mixed the concrete on Saturday for the stanchion posts.
The picture from Sunday shows the temporary supports removed.

Pictures from today, 10/29, transformer in place!
IMG_2696.jpg
IMG_2697.jpg
IMG_2698.jpg
IMG_2699.jpg
IMG_2695.jpg

At the very least, I am hopeful that this is up and running by early December. I have a road trip to make from Central NJ to the Finger Lakes, and I really would rather not have to do it by taking the NY Thruway all the way around, especially in cool to cold weather. If this is up and running by December, that's outstanding!

Now if only we had some progress in Allentown, PA....

All lit up :)

Thanks for the new pictures!

I haven't followed that many Supercharger builds, but it wouldn't surprise me if this set some sort of record for speed of build. Assuming the Supercharger is officially open, or that it opens soon, it seems it took under three weeks (give or take) from the time ground was broken. (We don't know exactly when ground was broken, but it doesn't look like a lot had been done before the 10-15 pictures were taken.)