Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Binghamton, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually it's been operational for about three years now.

o_O Roscoe, not Binghamton.

The Roscoe Diner in Roscoe, NY is discussed in posts #53 through #57 on this thread. I just wanted to give a well-deserved shout out to @Andyw2100 and @silverp85+ for their apparently successful suggestion to place a Tesla Supercharger in Roscoe at the Diner.

As of 5:50 PM today, the Roscoe, NY Supercharger construction site looks like this webcam image below.

This is the fruit of your suggestion? :)

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 5.50.08 PM.png

This location is a mess, especially at night during rain/snow:

* One of the stalls has a damaged plug
* Water pools in very large puddles in front of the chargers
* Parking lines are almost invisible, and the few you do see may be incorrect, as there are both white and yellow lines with a 12" offset.

I thought it was just me, but 3 other vehicles pulling in after me experienced the same parking difficulties.

This location is a mess, especially at night during rain/snow:

* One of the stalls has a damaged plug
* Water pools in very large puddles in front of the chargers
* Parking lines are almost invisible, and the few you do see may be incorrect, as there are both white and yellow lines with a 12" offset.

I thought it was just me, but 3 other vehicles pulling in after me experienced the same parking difficulties.

Meh, in my experience almost every SC location has at least 1 broken charger.

I do stop at Binghamton maybe once or twice a month. I actually never noticed the pooling. However I have been harassed a few times by local teenage punks that seem to hang out or drive by this location.

I charged there on Friday morning around 9am, if I recall, no problems. When I came back through Monday around 2pm, it was packed! Everyone was charging without issues. I was second in line waiting to charge. When my turn was up, pulled in the open charger and nothing. Wouldn't charge. Had another car pull in to test, nothing. Had to wait for the next charger to open up, then I was able to charge no problem. So worst I saw all weekend was 1 bad pedestal. Odd, because it SEEMED like the person in that spot before me was charging. Or it didn't charge and they left after a good 10-20+ minutes.

What were you seeing?

I have personally seen a few times where some cars could charge on a specific supercharger while others could not. This was repeatable. For example Car A would charge fine. Car B would not charge. Car B would move to different charger and charge fine. Car C could not charge. Car A would go back to see if it still worked and it could charge fine. Car B would move back to it just to try again and not charge. Ive seen this scenario happen a few times and NO logical reasoning on why some cars could charge on specific chargers while others would not. This was actually at binghamton too if i recall many years ago. Must be some sort of negotiation glitch with specific hardware versions or something.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3
I charged there on Friday morning around 9am, if I recall, no problems. When I came back through Monday around 2pm, it was packed! Everyone was charging without issues. I was second in line waiting to charge. When my turn was up, pulled in the open charger and nothing. Wouldn't charge. Had another car pull in to test, nothing. Had to wait for the next charger to open up, then I was able to charge no problem. So worst I saw all weekend was 1 bad pedestal. Odd, because it SEEMED like the person in that spot before me was charging. Or it didn't charge and they left after a good 10-20+ minutes.

What were you seeing?
I was driving back from the city to Syracuse on Monday, labor day. I got a 90%+ percent charge at Columbia, NJ and was planing to just go straight to Syracuse without stopping at Binghamton. As I was driving I saw that the percentage left was getting lower and lower due to rain, etc. So I figured that I should stop at the Binghamton chargers anyway to put a little in to the car. When I got to Binghamton, I looked at the map and it was greyed out and said unavailable. I was able to make it to the Syracuse station with 6% left. I drove a little slower than normal.