Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bio Hazard Now Standard on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would pay 500 in a heartbeat for this.
Are you willing to lose your Frunk or at least part of it? If the "Bioweapon" implementation for the MY is anything like the MS, then be prepared to lose some of your Frunk storage. The Bioweapon filter for the MS is a HUGE HEPA filter and plastic frame unit, probably 18" x 24" x 4" and this is not including the frame/duct that it attaches to. When you turn Bioweapon mode on, the fans spin up to speed 20 (or whatever) which is supposed to create air pressure in the cabin. Its super loud and really not that comfortable. Just my experience/two cents.

Are you willing to lose your Frunk or at least part of it? If the "Bioweapon" implementation for the MY is anything like the MS, then be prepared to lose some of your Frunk storage. The Bioweapon filter for the MS is a HUGE HEPA filter and plastic frame unit, probably 18" x 24" x 4" and this is not including the frame/duct that it attaches to. When you turn Bioweapon mode on, the fans spin up to speed 20 (or whatever) which is supposed to create air pressure in the cabin. Its super loud and really not that comfortable. Just my experience/two cents.

Unlike S/X vehicles, the filter does not impede on the frunk space for the Y. There are plenty of photos showing its location, it has been on the MIC Model Y since it started production.

I personnally don't understand the hype about this kind of filter... I would strongly prefer it to be an option and I would choose to keep the 500-1000$ in my pocket. I don't get why this is mandatory.
you have to try it to believe how good at it. I had it previously in X and S cars. very convenient feature to for example remove all hot air from a parked car on a moments notice, by just selecting the bio hazard option. It pressurizes the cabin and sucks all the air out. its super convenient, definitely worth 500$

How long do the HEPA filters last in normal use? How much of an up-charge would HEPA replacements run vs. conventional cabin air filters? Are there 3rd party replacements and/or can non-HEPA filters be installed in their place (assuming the HEPA's are pricey)?