Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BioDefence Mode

Does your Model Y made on or after July 2021 show this feature after you received it?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well he said it was SUPER dirty. probably from being in service 3 weeks and cabin prot was on etc..... He foamed 2x and changed filter.(Fyi he said new filters are different and should have the smell issue since they are carbon only etc).
I asked about BIODef Mode and he said it will for sure be an option but they didnt get an ETA yet.
What is the build date on yours? I have a Feb 21 build and I’m curious if the filters have changed since then. I can’t use cabin overheat as it makes my filters smell bad. Leaving that off I don’t get the smell as I think the Y bakes during the day. I would gladly get new filters and use cabin overheat if the smell didn’t come back in 3 months.

What is the build date on yours? I have a Feb 21 build and I’m curious if the filters have changed since then. I can’t use cabin overheat as it makes my filters smell bad. Leaving that off I don’t get the smell as I think the Y bakes during the day. I would gladly get new filters and use cabin overheat if the smell didn’t come back in 3 months.
3/31/21, so im thinking after that would be new filters

3/31/21, so im thinking after that would be new filters
Good to know. I would like to utilize the cabin protection. I found leaving it off avoids the stinky smell. I will have to stop at the sc and pick up new filters. I will have to inquire if they will sell the cleaner. Don’t really want to pay labor for it.

Reactions: whisperingshad
Good to know. I would like to utilize the cabin protection. I found leaving it off avoids the stinky smell. I will have to stop at the sc and pick up new filters. I will have to inquire if they will sell the cleaner. Don’t really want to pay labor for it.
This is the cleaner they used when they did our car (mobile service).

Klima Cleaner Amazon.com: nextzett 96110515 Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Cleaner - 10 fl oz: Automotive

I purchased some other stuff at a local auto-shop but too perfumey.