TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Biodense: How often?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Maximilien, Jul 22, 2017.

Tags:
?

Biodense Mode: How often?

1. All the time. Range is not my concern.

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Several time a week

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Serveral times a month

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. Rarely

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Never. I want money back.

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

I like it because it really filters bad air outside. For example, during July 4th, I passed I-5 Santa Ana when the whole atmosphere was foggy from firework and the smell inside the cabin was pleasant and works like a charm.

Downside is that it eats up range a lot because somehow Fan has to be at 9 (out of 11 scale). I would love to turn it on if the fan is adjustable with Biodense mode.

So, how often do you turn on Biodefense mode?

• Disagree x 1
  2. outie

outie Active Member

Only used it once or twice in 10 months of ownership.

3. Mrcook4590

Mrcook4590 Member

I love this mode! I have really bad allergies, so it's nice to have a safe haven in my car; however, I don't use it very often because of having to have the fan on so high. It would be awesome if we could have that mode on with a lower fan speed. Anyone know why the fan has to be on so high?

4. Brass Guy

Brass Guy Member

I'm pretty sure the only difference bioweapon defence mode makes is positive cabin air pressure, which is created by the high fan speed. In other words, all it does is turn the fan on high. So even if you're not in bioweapon defence mode, you're still drawing air through that enormous filter.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1