TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Biodiesel production in Colombia leading to human rights violations

Discussion in 'News' started by danny, Dec 21, 2008.

1. danny

danny Administrator

BBC NEWS | Business | Afro-Colombians fight biodiesel producers

This is major problem with fuels that come from land, human rights get violated in countries where people are not protected, rather the interests of government and those that simply have guns.

Oil also causes humanitarian violations and supports people who control systems that cause vast amounts of human suffering.

We must not allow oil to be traded for something else that also has these issues, regardless of the positive it may do for the environment, at least in terms of CO2.

We must not focus only on the issues that effect countries like the US and we must not ignore the problems the quest for fuel causes in other places, just because its seems so "distant".

I think that people should really think about the whole issue before supporting a supposed "solution".

2. just-an-allusion

3. mpt

mpt Electrics are back

Stanford U.'s Mark Z. Jacobson published an article on the end-to-end impact of different fuel types; I did some words on it this weekend; it makes a compeling read: here

He concludes that wind is the way to go and that Ethanol is un-safe!

MPT