Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bioweapon defense mode to the rescue this wee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I have a young child, I'm completely paranoid about air pollution. As those of you in HK can attest to, the air was really bad this weekend. AQI of 150+ is unhealthy for anyone. I have a small air quality meter and can now confirm that the bioweapon defense mode takes the in car air quality from bad to great in less than two minutes. The hype is real and I for one am happy I spent the money on a MS.

We are having a lot of smoke from wildfires in Canada that had drifted down to where I live in Washington State. I have been using bioweapons defense mode and enjoying myself. But I do wonder how much filtering is done without that mode on. I like less fan and don't always want to run the air conditioning. I think the standard filtering is actually pretty good as I've noticed no exhaust smell ever where I do notice it even in an older loaner car and another car I use.

Anybody know for sure?

We are having a lot of smoke from wildfires in Canada that had drifted down to where I live in Washington State. I have been using bioweapons defense mode and enjoying myself. But I do wonder how much filtering is done without that mode on. I like less fan and don't always want to run the air conditioning. I think the standard filtering is actually pretty good as I've noticed no exhaust smell ever where I do notice it even in an older loaner car and another car I use.

Anybody know for sure?

I can't give you exact numbers but my air quality monitor went up slightly after putting on regular mode. The air was still good but not as good as with the bioweapon defense mode on. I don't understand why though since I turn on air recirculation.

Reactions: Sather
I can't give you exact numbers but my air quality monitor went up slightly after putting on regular mode. The air was still good but not as good as with the bioweapon defense mode on. I don't understand why though since I turn on air recirculation.
I think the air takes the same path whether biohazard mode is on or not. The higher fan speed just keeps positive pressure in the cabin so outside air doesn't leak in from the outside. I don't normally use it in biohazard mode, but I have been the last few days. All of the smoke from the forest fires makes it feel like I'm living in Shanghai. Heat, wildfires make Portland's air quality among worst in nation

• Informative
Reactions: Sather and Argonaut