Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bioweapon defense mode upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is it so important to hold you back? just curious.
If I knew it was coming it'd hold me back (and honestly one of the reasons I didn't purchase in January and put off until March). With all these fires in CA the homes out here have no AC. So it'd be nice if worse comes to worse I could sleep in an AC car with clean air, let alone clean air as i drive.

If I knew it was coming it'd hold me back (and honestly one of the reasons I didn't purchase in January and put off until March). With all these fires in CA the homes out here have no AC. So it'd be nice if worse comes to worse I could sleep in an AC car with clean air, let alone clean air as i drive.
Precisely the reason why I love that mode. Some folks think it is overrated, but not me. When I got caught near the Paradise fire, the smoke was so thick, I could hardly see, but the inside of the car was clean. It did a fabulous job. And then there is the stench of the miles of cow pasture down on highway 5 in Southern California that I can easily filter out in the X. I really don't want to have another Tesla without it.

Outside of California Fire Season, the US has amazing air quality compared to other parts of the world. I believe I have seen several mentions of Model 3 owners stating they were even ok during California Fire Season, but I have not cared to look closer into it as I do not live in California.

It would be nice to have, but its not holding me back, I do not think it will be retrofit-able, but we really wont know until someone tries.

The US has good air quality overall -- mostly because all the open land in the great plains and mountain west provides for a much lower population density when you lump it all together. Cities, especially around major highways, can be significantly worse. Some cities, notably those in Southern California and the Central Valley are especially bad for particulate pollution. Given the popularity of Teslas in California, I'd think bioweapon defense mode would be a significant marketing advantage and quality of life driver.